Me, You and Hennessy...

~Dana~

Dana had been spending a lot of time with LeSane at the center lately, cleaning, fixing and beautifying it. It was beginning to look alive. Most of the inside was finished except for piping in a couple of restrooms to the sinks and flooring in two other rooms. Overall the place looked great. LeSane had got someone to replace the hoops outside and kids have been coming to hoop from time to time. Dana was so awed by how eager the kids, as well as their parents, were to know when the place will be set. Many parents and teens have even stopped by to help out during the weekends. The place would definitely be ready by the summer time.

"We can stop for today. You hungry? Pizza on me." LeSane came into the room. They had been working really hard today but not as hard as LeSane. And man did it show! Dana couldn't help but look at his muscles pushing through his beater. He had a shirt on but had gotten hot from working so it was tucked in the side of his gray sweat pants. She found herself getting warm as she caught a look at his print. "Earth to Dee!"

"Huh?" she responded unconsciously.

LeSane smiled and licked his lips. "You look exhausted, baby girl." He grabbed the shirt from his pants and set it on a chair.

Dana, still gazing, said, "Yea, a little bit." Then she finally blinked out of her daze to get a drink from her water bottle.

"So pizza or no?" LeSane asked taking off his beater to wipe off his sweat, and after he was dried off, he finally put on his T-Shirt.

"Umm, yea. That would be fine. As long as we don't get sausage." Dee responded.

"You sure you don't want sausage?" LeSane stood up and walked toward Dana. Dana looked up LeSane then back down. He was such an asshole. Dana laughed to herself.

"No, Shawny, I do not want sausage."

LeSane smiled, "Just making sure."

"Mhmm, what time is it? It looks pretty dark outside." Dana looked out the window as LeSane went around shutting off lights.

"It's 11:00 at night. Damn. All the pizza joints closed."

"Awe man."

"We can make a pizza at my spot. You know I throw down. I got everything. We can make it from scratch, ya feel me?"

Dana laughed, "I don't know. It's late, Bishop probably worried about me."

"Just call him. Come on man, he gotta trust in his girl. I'm ya homeboy, he ain't got nothin to trip about."

"I know but he might feel some type of way about it still."

"I understand. Well let me follow you home. It is late and there's some crazies out here."

"Alright, lemme grab my things."

The two got into their vehicles after locking up the center. LeSane followed her all the way to her place and waited until she got to her porch to open her door. She gave him a wave to assure him that she was ok and then he drove away. Dana felt grateful to have a friend as protective as LeSane. She smiled to herself and opened the door to her home. A strong smell hit her nose as soon as she stepped in. It reeked of liquor as well as marijuana. Dana opened up multiple windows to air out the house.

"Bishop?" She called out going back to their bedroom. "Bishop."

Bishop came slowly into the hallway. His eyes were low and red. His veins popped out of his arms and neck. He had a bottle of Hennessy in his hand and leaned up against the wall. "Wassup baby."

"Hey, are you ok?"

"Am I ok?" Bishop scuffed. "I been worried sick about you, girl. You been out all day, all night, doin lord knows what. You got some nerve to ask if I'm ok."

"Baby, you're drunk. I told you where I was. I said I'd be at the center today with LeSane."

Bishop took another drink, "LeSane, huh?"

"Yes baby. We were just-"

"Shut the fuck up." He walked up to her. "You fuckin him ain't you?"

Dana looked at Bishop with confusion, "What? Yo, you trippin. What you need to do is raise up out of my face and lay yo ass down somewhere."

"I don't know who the fuck you think you talkin to girl." Bishop shook his head and laughed.

"You think I'm playin Bishop. Sit yo drunk ass dow-"

Bishop threw down the Hennessy bottle "Look bitch! You don't know who you talkin to." Bishop grabbed Dana and pushed her into the wall. "You think I'm stupid don't you? You out here fuckin niggas, thinkin I ain't gon find out bitch."

"Look baby, just calm down." Tears started to rim her eyes. She had never seen Bishop like this.

Bishop shook her, "You gon get enough of telling me what to do! I'm yo daddy bitch! Say something else and I'll knock yo ass out." Dana was shaking in fear. Tears started streaming down her face. "Look baby, this is your fault. If you would just stop fuckin around, I wouldn't get crazy like this. You make me so worried baby." He wiped away her tears and kissed her face. Dana just nodded, afraid of what he would do next. "Look, ima run you some bath water. Ima wash you up. Then, ima rub your body down. Cause I love you, you know that right?"

Dana nodded.

"You love me right?" His eyes were glossy as if he was going to cry. "Right?!"

"I love you, too Bishop." Dana whimpered out. Bishop kissed her lips.

"Good. Now, go get undressed. And after all this, go in there and make me some gotdamn food."

He's just drunk Dee. It'll pass Dee. It'll pass. Dana thought to herself as she wiped away her tears. What was she doing?