Play On Playa

~Avery~

Avery always loved school, mostly for the wrong reasons. He loved how he got all the girls, how he was praised for his looks and athletic ability. How he charmed the teachers although he was already smart. He was a class clown but also a teacher's pet. An all around favorite, but that was high school. College was way different than high school. He actually had to study hard and he had to stay focus. The girls he usually pulled, cheerleaders etc., played him like a lame. The only girls he got attention from was, well, nobody on campus. All the girls he "talked" to weren't in college. Straight party animals. Like Dana, Avery never settled down into relationships. Not for too long. There would be times where females would think they had him, he was all there's, but then he'd see another girl just as thick and freaky as the next and you know how that go. But now days, Avery was beginning to think that his player ways were getting old. His game wasn't pullin anybody but a whole lot of nobodys and he was tired of the same females.

Sitting in the school library, Avery finished up his homework since he didn't have anything else to do. He decided to dedicate the evening to school work. He felt bad after the whole situation with Dee that he talked to her about picking up another class and that he'd study more just for her. So now he studies and actually does his work on time. Avery looked up and noticed a group of girls he knew were on the cheer squad walk in. At first his instinct was to get up and try to game but then he thought. He strugged them off and opened up his sketch book along with his fashion class book and began to work.

One of the girls spotted him and whispered to her friends "Look it here. I'm surprised he ain't up tryna swindle on somebody."

" Leave him alone Kara. He's just a youngin. He don't know any better."

"Really nigga? He's a junior in college and has had no type of luck with any girl on campus." Kara shot back.

" He's just misguided."

"Well ok Daige. Then why don't you guide him into some game because lil man ain't got nane." Kara and the other girl laughed.

Avery could hear them but he continued to work in his book on his project design for class. He knew how they talked about him. He knew he wouldn't have the slightest chance with any girl on campus with the type of lines he pulled on other girls. He remembered a girl did say he was cute, but she also said that he was too lame and unknown to even sit next to him let alone give him the light of day. For the first time in Avery's life he was at the bottom of the food chain. He glanced up and noticed the Daige girl staring at him. She gave him a slight smile but he didn't return the favor. For all he knew, they were probably plotting on him. Betting each other on how wack he would be if they pretended to like him. Or maybe that was an exaggeration of his imagination. Either way, Avery didn't fuck with the gesture. He lost his concentration and packed up his books to move somewhere else in the library.

"Aye boy." The Kara girl would be the one to open her mouth. She wasn't even all that cute to Avery. Quite honestly, he thought she was the ugliest one in their little clique. He turned around and looked at her with the stalest face.

" Aren't you in my fashion class?" She asked.

He suddenly remembered that she was that girl in class that wouldn't sit next to him. He mentally shook his head. This bitch. " Yea... why?"

Kara looked to her other friend said something under her breath that caused her friend to giggle a little bit. "Not to be rude or nothin but I was just wonderin, you bi or somethin? I noticed you the only dude in the class. And the shit you be designin be a lil too good." The girls, except for Daige began to laugh.

Avery shook his head "You rats buggin."

" What you say?" Kara called to him as he walked away.