Grew Up, or Grew Apart

~LeSane ~

"FUCK LEBRON!" Avery yelled out as everyone in the room boomed with disapproval. LeSane, Avery and a couple of other friends were kicking it at Avery's crib having fun and discussing sports and whatever else guys talk about.

"Fuck that bruh, Bron the fuckin G.O.A.T." another guy named Derrick argued.

Avery drank the alcohol in his cup and shook his head. "Don't say that bullshit. Don't you say that bullshit. LeBron ain't no fuckin G.O.A.T. His ass is a lil bitty sheep. A lil ass lamb. We ALL know that Michael Jordan is the one and only G.O.A.T. Besides, ain't nobody standin in line for LeBron's ugly ass shoes. Yuck mouth ass nigga. He be payin refs any damn way. Everybody knows, that nigga stay cheatin. Fuck LeBran. Fuck the Cavs. And fuck anybody who think otherwise. My case is closed nigga."

"You don't like any team that nigga on do you?" LeSane asked laughing at how reckless Avery was acting. He knew Avery had a bit too much but as long as he was at his own crib he could get fucked up all he wanted.

"You damn right. I still hate the Heat. Fruit cake ass team. All y'all niggas stay dick ridin. But I ain't see one Heat fan all season... Don't worry, I'll wait........ EXACTLY nigga."

"Y'all niggas wild'n bro." LeSane was amused by how serious they all were. LeSane was a football type of person. Basketball season was cool but as soon as football came around, you couldn't tell him shit.

"Whatever bruh. Aye man wassup with you and Daige? You know a nigga peep game too strong." another guy they called Ro asked.

"Boy ya peep game too weak. Ain't shit wassup or wassdown. She just cool peoples. I fucks with her."

"You fucks with her or you fucks with her?" Derrick teased.

"Bruh you fuckin know what I mean. Y'all so nosy." Avery laughed.

"I'm tryna be nosy too nigga." LeSane said giving Avery a look. He hadn't told him about this Daige girl and usually he got all the scoop on females.

"Awe fam, I gotcha. But in all seriousness, is that a word?" Avery questioned himself. He was so high and gone.

"Bro you on that shit!" LeSane laughed.

"Ha bruh, I'm gone. But nah for real. Shawty just cool."

"Right." LeSane said.

"I'm serious."

"Right." LeSane and Derrick nodded their heads.

"Bruh. For real."

"Right." Ro added into the chant and all laughed.

"Look A, tell me about it tomorrow. A nigga gotta get in the crib." LeSane dapped up with everyone before getting ready to leave out.

"Ro man and I gotta jet too. The money be callin. We gots to get that paper."

"Man forget y'all. I'll see y'all tomorrow."

The guys left and LeSane beeped as he pulled off. When he got home he tried to call Dana at her house but there was no answer. He then dialed her cell.

"Hello?" A male voice answered the phone.

"I must have the wrong number, I thought this was my friend Dana."

"Awe nah homie, hold up... Dana... Here she is."

"Hello?" Dana's soft voice finally on the phone.

"I almost thought my best friend switched her number on me again. Wassup man?"

"Oh, you know me. I'm always busy?"

"Are you really always busy or are you just a lil too occupied?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothin at all. Was that the Bishop kid?"

"Yes and he's not a kid. What you want LeSane?"

"I need to talk to you. You've been distant lately. Things have been different since you and the kid got together. Or whatever y'all call yourselves doin."

"LeSane, chill. We've hung out plenty of times. We grew up together. Now someone gets more attention than you, things are different?"

"You makin it seem like something it's not. Like I'm-"

"Jealous? Cause you are LeSane. You're acting like a child."

"Whoa, look. Chill. I'm just tryna see wassup because I haven't heard from someone I thought was my best friend. Ever since I got back it's been 'fuck LeSane ' Dana. We don't talk at all anymore. Is it wrong for me to see wassup? To check up on you? To make sure you're alright? If so, I'm sorry. Didn't know that being a true friend was an act of jealousy."

Dana was silent, "I'm sorry. I'm fine. I've been busy with a lot of things. And no it's not Bishop that's keeping me away from you."

"Yea, do you really like this dude? I ain't get the chance to meet him personally but from what Avery has said and-"

"Avery is just being over protective. And what you mean by that."

"Well I've seen him around before."

"Okay? And?"

"I just don't think he's right."

"What are you? My father?"

"Noooo. I'm your friend. And you know I'd let you know if I saw some shit."

"What are you talking about? You-"

"Dana this dude has a whole girl. I saw him at-"

"LeSane I knew you were jealous. You're so low. To make up some dumb shit like that. Bye LeSane."

"Dana I'm just trying to be a friend. I'd never lie to you! When have I EVER lied to you? Huh!? I knew this would happen. You think you know everything. You think you got everything figured out. But I thought you would be smart enough to realize that I care too much for you to see you get hurt by some fuckboy. Startin to make me question if we're best friends anymore? If we're friends period?"

"People grow up and stop living childish ass ways LeSane."

"Nah. More like people get dicked down the right way that they forget how to think and feel like they're too grown to realize when someone cares about them."

"Fuck you LeSane! You got me all the way fucked up! Grow up!"

"I am grown. You grow up and stop acting so damn stupid. Fuck you. You can forget I even knew your ass. I don't wanna see you, talk to you, hear yo dumb ass name in a conversation, nothin. We ain't cool no more. I hope you get played the fuck out by fuckboy. Have a fucked up life Dana." LeSane hung up his phone and threw it across the room. He'd never been so hurt, confused and angry in such a long time. He hated this feeling. Losing his only best friend was like losing his mother all over again. He felt alone.

LeSane picked up his phone. He wanted to call her back and apologize, but he just got angrier just thinking about the situation. Then he scrolled past a number he'd thought he would never use.

"Hello?"

"I thought you'd never call."