Lunch With The Girls

"I can love you,

I can love you,

I can love you better than she can"

As Dana drove, she sang along to one of her favorite songs on her throwback radio station on Pandora radio. She loved old school music. Music that actually made some sense and told an actual story. She loved listening to Mary J Blidge the most due to her being her favorite singer. Mary J was Dana's Mary J; her "go to" music. She was addicted to how realistic her music was and how closely she could relate to it. No matter what mood Dana was in, Mary J would brighten her up. She had the privilege to go to a couple of concerts but it wasn't enough for her. Someday she hoped to meet her. Someday.

Dana's phone rang and she glanced down to see who it was.

*Bishop*

Wassup lady

Dana rolled her eyes. She had only been on a couple dates with Bishop and it was almost as if he was attached. She decided to not reply until she got out of the car. She rolled up to her homegirl, Alicia, house. The two were going out for lunch with their other two friends, Tasha and Nicole. Dana honked her horn twice so that Alicia would come out.

"Bye Trevor! Ain't nobody got time to argue with you today boy!" Alicia came out the house yelling into her cell phone. Dana shook her head. Alicia and her boyfriend were always arguing.

" Trevor! Tre-vor! Shut up!.... I told you already! I'm going to have lunch with my girls..... What do you mean I'm always with my girls?.... Nigga I do spend time with you!.... Why are you acting like a female?.... Bye Trevor. I'll talk to you when I get home..... I love you too.... Bye Trevor." Alicia finally managed to get her boyfriend off of the phone. "Hey Dana babes." They gave each other a hug and peck on the cheek.

"Trevor on his man period again?" Dana joked.

"Girl, like every freakin day."

"Where he at, since he so worried about you."

"Girl in the house. His ass gon call me when he heard me pick up my keys and head down the stairs." the two laughed.

"Yall some fools." Dana laughed as she backed out of Alicia's driveway.

The girls pulled up into Olive Garden's parking lot. "OMG, yass. I'm starved. I didn't eat breakfast because I had to take my grandmother to her doctor's appointment." Alicia got out the car. She was raised by her grandmother most of her life. Her mom had been in and out of jail for God knows what and her father, he was young and wasn't ready for no children. So the fact that her grandmother took care of her, Alicia did anything to make sure her grandmother was cool.

" Awe, how's Miss Francis doin?" Dana asked.

" She's 81 going on 18."

Dana laughed, "Miss Francis better go on with her bad self."

"She better stay her ass at home I know that ."

When the girls walked in, they instantly spotted out Tasha and Nicole waiting at a table for the four of them. "Hey loves! How are my other favorite girls?" Tasha stood up and gave her friends a hug.

" Hey Tee. Wassup Nikki?" Dana greeted.

" Hello babes." Nikki stood up for her turn to hug her friends.

"Okay guys, I got some news to tell you all so let's hurry up and order." Nicole said with a big smile on her face.

"News? Let me find out." Alicia gave Nicole a look before picking up her menu.