No Strings Attached

Dana was dressed and ready to go and it was 8:57. "See now, he better be here at 9:00 because I do not have the patience." she spoke aloud to herself.

8:58. "Iight nigga, you got two minutes." The closer it got to 9:00 the more she didn't want to go. Bishop was cute and all but it was something about him that seemed kind of... shady to Dana.

8:59. Please be late. Please be late. Please be late. The time seemed like it was taking a lifetime.

9:00. Dana stared at the clock on her living room wall as she sat on the couch, watching the second hand tick around.

BEEP! BEEP!

"SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" she looked outside the window to see Bishop climb out of his fancy big truck. "Who the fuck does this nigga think he is?" She answered the door before he had the chance to reach the porch. "Hey! Let's go. I'm starved!" she locked the door and rushed down the stairs.

"Ok? Well these are for you baby girl." Bishop handed her a small cute, Dana thought, bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you. I'll put them in some water when we get back." she smiled sweetly. Bishop walked to the car and opened the door for her. "Well aren't you sweet. " she joked and he smiled as he helped her in.

"You look nice Dana." he complimented, gazing at her in awe.

"You're not looking too bad yourself. So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"Oh great."

"Cheer up. You'll love it."

Dana sat back in her seat and looked out her window. The ride to their date was silent and Dana hoped that it stayed that way. It wasn't long before they pulled up to a very fancy restaurant.

When Dana and Bishop walked into the restaurant they were seated right away. "Well that was fast." Dana looked up at Bishop impressed. "Yea, it's a 5 star restaurant. I didn't want to have you waiting since you're crazy about being on time." Bishop joked. "Ha ha. You think you funny." Dana rolled her eyes and smiled.

So far, so good Dana. Just eat, smile and laugh and it'll be over. Dana thought to herself. Dana looked at the menu and noticed the prices were very expensive. "Wow. Umm, I really don't know what to get. You ate here before?" she looked up at Bishop who was studying his menu as well.

"Yea. I brought my mother here for mother's day. I might get the steak dinner."

"Looks good. I'm just going to get a salad, and then that way, I'll have room for dessert." Dana finally decided.

"You're so cute." Bishop shook his head at the thought of her just getting a salad.

"How so?" she smiled.

"You just are baby g." he told her.

"I guess."

The waitress came over and took their orders. The two ate and talked about work and family. Things were going smooth and Dana was starting to believe that Bishop was actually a cool guy. "So, do you take your dates to fancy restaurants all the time?" Dana finally asked.

"No. I don't actually. I take them somewhere nice but not no 5 star restaurant." Bishop answered.

"Oh. I feel special. So what makes me different from the others?"

"You carry yourself like a queen and I just thought I should treat you like the queen you are." Dana almost melted in her seat. The man was smooth but he wasn't slick. Dana leaned in forward. "You tryna get in my panties?" she whispered.