Magic

~Dana~

Dana got up early the next morning. She was running off four and a half hours of sleep but for some reason she wasn't bothered by it. She was used to having sleepless night, especially as a writer. She got in the shower and got dressed. After she was finished getting dressed, she went to the kitchen to make herself some coffee. She walked back into the room and noticed that Bishop was gone. Wasn't he just lying there?

"Where you goin?" She heard from behind her while strong arms pulled her into warmness.

"I thought I was tweakin. When did you get up?" She turned to kiss his lips.

"Just a minute ago. Where you goin though? You up early as fuck on a Saturday." Dana looked into Bishop's eyes. They looked red and really glossy as if he had been crying.

"I'm having breakfast with LeSane and then we're going to talk about starting the community group that I told you about. Are you okay baby?" Bishop had been staring at her this whole time and had not blinked once. His grip got tighter around her waist and then relaxed.

"I'm straight baby." He finally answered kissing her forehead, then her cheek and then finally her lips. "I gotta work today so if you get here before I do tonight, can you cook dinner?"

"I got you baby, you know that."

"Bet." Bishop unwrapped his arms from Dana and headed to the second bathroom. Dana went to the bedroom bathroom and untwisted her hair and separated her curls. She gathered her things and put on her shoes before goin into the kitchen for her coffee. It was 8:15AM. She had time to sit and catch the weather for the day and enjoy her coffee so she did until it was 8:30. "Baby I'm heading out!" She called out to Bishop.

"Uh, ok. I'll see ya."

"I love you."

"Yea, love you too lil baby." Dana probably thought he was trying to get ready for work so she left him alone and left. The days she had with Bishop began to get weird.

Dana got to the park where she told LeSane to meet her. The park seemed so dead without the festival. But she still enjoyed the beautiful scene and silence.  She sat on a nearby bench. LeSane should be arriving any minute but while she waited she took out her iPad and scrolled through her calendar.  If they were going to start the community group, she needed to make time for it. She sat, scrolled, and sipped her coffee, not noticing that LeSane had came up the path behind her just watching.  He hadn't saw her wear her natural hair in years. He always told her they were beautiful but after her mother died, he never forced her to wear them. He figured she would wear them soon as the hurt calmed down.  He decided to join her on the bench. He had bought some Starbucks for breakfast for the both of them.  He wanted to start with the conversation as soon as possible.  He now had so many connections and he felt that the community group could now prosper.  "Hey Dee" she looked up at LeSane.  He was dressed so, so... Proper?  She was used to seeing LeSane in the most comfortable clothes but today, he looked so sophisticated. He smelled so good, his face was cleaned up and his glasses made him look so... Sexy. "Hi. You look really nice."

"Thank you. You look beautiful. I love this." He complimented moving his fingers through her hair as he did when they were younger.  Her hair was soft and thick.  "I love this. I missed this." Dana blushed a little.  She didn't understand how LeSane was doing so little but was making her feel so, uncomfortable. Not uncomfortable in a bad way. She didn't know what she was feeling. "Anyway, I brought breakfast so we could just start right away. I ate mine already. You know how that go."

"You're so fat." Dana shook her head.  "You could've waited, but I appreciate it. We need to know when we can meet if we are really trying to get this started."

"Well I actually made a few calls early this morning, and I have some people who said they can get this thing up and running in no time. My partner is old school so he called his connections as well. They want to meet us at one today for lunch to discuss some further details, so I hope you brought all of your paperwork and ideas with you." Dana looked at LeSane with amazement. He was on his game and seemed so in control. "What? I've been waiting for this moment Dana and it's finally happening. This is all we've ever wanted."

"I know. Wow. This is fantastic. I most definitely have everything with me. So who all did you get a hold of? Like, do we have state permission, a place to start it? We'll need loans or grants for things."

"Dana Dana Dana, relax. I got a hold of anybody that was necessary. We'll be fine. We could damn near start this in no time. Remember that abandoned building with the beat up basketball court?" Dana nodded. "Well the state said they're willing to give it to us due to it being for a cause and the police department and national guard is also going to sponsor for it getting fixed up, rebuilt, anything possible to get it done. The state also said that they might have grants or loans to give us. My guy David who volunteers sometimes at The Boys and Girls Club spoke to the head person there and they have offered to partner with us to get us on our feet. Everything is almost falling into place. We just need to go to lunch, discuss some things, read and sign some paperwork. Only time can tell how fast we'll get everything started."

Dana was jotting everything down in her notes on her iPad. She asked names and numbers of all of the people he had talked to. She was so surprised on how organized LeSane was stating the fact that he was never the one to be organized. "This is so great Shawny. I can't believe that this is finally happening. Did they give you the keys to the building?"

"Actually, they told me I could stop by and pick them up whenever I was ready. We can go grab them if you want. Take a look around, see what needs to be done up in and out of the building. We can get all that done."

Dana stood up getting her things together, "Definitely, let's go. We can probably call someone to come look at the wires and pipes, make sure everything is safe. You know?" The two walked to their cars discussing all of the things they could do for the group. What it would be called, the age limit they'll have, which activities they'll have for the kids. They were so excited about everything getting started that they forgot that they were just beefin a couple of days ago.

After grabbing the keys they headed over to the building. It was a fairly old, one story building. Vines grew up the side of its walls. Weeds stuck from out of the parking lot as well as the basketball court. There were no rims on the basketball hoops, just the backboard. The windows were boarded up but they would most likely need to be replaced. They unlocked the door and walked in. The place smelled so bad. "Keep the door open, gotdamn!" LeSane walked further into the room, hand over his face. Dana proceeded behind him doing the same. They walked past what seemed to be a front desk. They found both men and women restrooms. There was a leak in the ceiling in what looked like a kitchen. There was a hall that had five big rooms and two little rooms branching off of it. There were some little and big things they found that they needed to fix. Overall, the place was a decent size and it had potential to be turned into something great.

"I absolutely love it." Dana put her hand down from her mouth. She just was in awe of what she saw. LeSane looked at her the way she looked at the room. "This is perfect. This is where the magic starts."

"I like that." LeSane juggled the words in his mind. "That would be the PERFECT quote to represent us. 'This is where the magic starts.' That's dope."

Sooooooooooo, this is just a little something something. LeSane and Dana are talking again on good terms.  They're giving back to the community! Awesome right. But the next time I update there will be drama, just know. So vote, comment, share. Do what yall doin. I love the support and I am eager to hopefully finish this book for you guys before my summer is over.  So yea... 😊
-BadGalSheaa