Ch 4: Memories With Red Haired Shanks (Edited)

~10 Years Ago~

The town pub was filled with a group of pirates

The town pub was filled with a group of pirates. They ate and drank to their hearts' desires. Happy to have settled down on an island for the time being that excepted them as pirates just wanting to take a break from their adventures. At the bar of the pub sat the crew's captain, Red Haired Shanks. Beside him stood a 6 year old Luffy and his 9 year old sister Lexie next to him clinging to a cute pink stuffed bunny to her chest. Upon seeing the two children Shanks smiled widely down at them before scooping the little girl up and placing her onto his lap while the boy climbed up onto the other stool at the bar.

"You gotta take us on your next adventure, Shanks." Luffy begged, "I want to be a pirate some day, just like you."

"Hahaha as if you can become a pirate." Shanks laughed at Luffy mockingly.

"And why can't I?!" He defensively said.

Shanks's crew members started to join in on the fun of teasing him while Shanks ate his food offering some to Lexie, who shyly nodded blushing as Shanks feed her spoonfuls from the plate.

"Hey, I can do it. My punches are like pistols." Luffy cockily said punching thin air.

"Are they now?" Shanks rises a brow at him unconvinced.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" He shouted angrily.

"He means that you're too much of a kid, kid." A fat meat eating crew mate said.

"I'm not a kid!" Luffy slammed his fist against the bar stubbornly. "I'm a grown up!"

"Oh Luffy, just have some juice and calm down." Shanks told him pushing a glass of orange juice towards him.

Luffy's face lite up at it and thanked him, drinking the juice happily. Shanks couldn't hold it in any longer until he bursted out laughing. "I've never heard of one pirate that drinks juice."

This caused everyone including Lexie to laugh along with him at Luffy, who sat there embarrassed yelling for everyone to stop laughing at him. The laughter was soon interrupted by the door being kicked off its hinges having it fly towards the middle of the pub with a crash causing there to be a thick silence.

"So these are what pass for pirates around here. How sad." A tall fugly man commented walking into the place with his group of men behind him.

He walked straight up to the bar almost getting into Shanks's way. Lexie looked up at the man slightly uncomfortable with all the tension surrounding him. She quickly and quietly hopped off of Shanks's lap going unnoticed and stood near Luffy's seat holding her bunny closer.

"What can I do for you gentlemen?" Makino asked.

"We're mountain bandits but we're not here to destroy your pub. We're here for the saki." He told her. "I'd say 10 barrels."

"I'm sorry but we're out of saki right now." She said politely.

"Well then what are these pirates drinking? Water?"