Ch 18: You Gotta Believe Me

"What!?" Carrot shrieked turning it to GP, "They're plotting to kill Ms. Kaya-" finished by Onion, "And attack the village?!"

"Yup." Luffy nodded with his arms and legs crossed as he remained on the rocky ground he was previously sleeping on. "No doubt about it, that's what they said."

"I heard them say it, too." I vouched for him as I stood behind him, his back resting against my kneecaps.

"Wait you were there with us, sis?" Luffy questioned tilting his head up to look at me, his black locks tickling my bare thigh. "But where?"

"I was napping in the tree before Usopp's feminine screams woke me."

"Oh, I see." He nodded as if he understood, but I doubt he really did.

"Yeah well speaking of napping don't you find this kind of a weird place to be napping for you, Luffy." Zoro comments stepping in front of us.

"It is strange and what's stranger is that I remember being on the top of the cliff not at the bottom." I could see the question marks popping up around his tilted head.

"That's because that Jichael Mackson wannabe hypnotized you to fall asleep and in your drowsy state you fell forward off the cliff." I informed him.

"Wow I was the only one hypnotized, not you or Usopp?" He asked, to which I responded with a nod. "Huh, it must only work on smart people then I guess."

The vein on my forehead pulsed as I laced my fingers through his hair, gripping it tightly, "I am against killing you little brother, but I'm not against setting a part of you ablaze so watch it." My sweet voice dipped in poison, I had to stop myself from laughing at the panicked expression on Luffy's adorable face.

"So, wait that mean that Butt-ler really is a bad guy and the captain was right all along." Carrot concluded.

GP (I just realize a tomato is a fruit and Pepper is his name) huffed crossing his arm, "I never liked him anyways."

"And this also proves that that weird hypnotist is bad news too." Onion chipped in.

"This explains why your captain was racing pass us earlier." Nami suggested like she just cracked a case, "He was going to warn the village about the attack meaning they'll have plenty of time to hide out in the hills."

"Hey! Maybe we should do the same and hide too." Carrot said to his other veggie members after hearing this.

"Let's not forget our valuables too." GP added.

Onion began listing them, "Like Piggy banks and snacks and well everything so let's-"

"Hurry!" The three boys shouted together realizing they had a lot of things they wanted to keep safe for selfish reasons and took off.

"See what you've done Nami you taught them to be cowards." I scolded her, "You bad influence."

She looked at me with that 'wtf' face she always had before arguing, "Bad influence!? They already learned that from their captain who always running away."

"Heartless too." I mockingly gasped at her very true statement, then tsked at her, "I swear I'm keeping you away from my future children for these reasons, Nami."

"Who'd let someone who goes around threatening to burn people alive have kids?!"

'Future children?' Zoro thoughts illustrated a brief picture of a little redhead girl sitting on his shoulders as a green haired toddler wiggled in Lexie's arms, both having their mother's eyes.

"Well you can't argue with fate, if it was to bless me with them." I causally shrugged but in the corner of my eye I noticed Zoro's unconscious dreamy smile curling on his lips. "You okay Roro-chan? Daydreaming about our Christmas colored haired babies over there?"