Ch 46: Blueberry Savior (Edited)

"This is Nami's House?!" Pinocchio shouts loud enough to break an eardrum.

"Yes, Nami and I were orphans that grew up here as well." Nojiko tells him, not the slightest bit phased by his dramatics. "Lexie did as well even though she was only here for a few weeks she became a sister to us and a third daughter to who raised us but that person is-"

"Dead because of the Arlong Pirates." I cut her off, staring hard back into her wide orbs.

"How did you you.." She trails off, but I wave her off with the flick of my wrist. It wasn't hard to piece the clues together; Bellemere was a strong woman, a threat to any man whether it be fleshy, scaly, or hairy. There was more to her death of course but I want Nami to be the one to tell me herself.

Usopp settles into his seat again, calming down a little to ask, "If that's the case why would Nami still join Alrlong's crew and betray her own people?"

"Because she's a witch after all right?" Nojiko shrugs, leaning into the palm of her hand. "Anyways what's the real reason you're here for her, Captain Usopp?"

"Well after what you just told me everything changes." He scoffs, tightening his grip on his cup. "She was fooling us this whole time and only for our treasure." His anger rose along with his body. "It just makes my blood boil thinking about it! She fought to protect my village and she was so friendly on the ship too, but in the end she was only planning to ditch us!"

"Friendly? Really that witch?" The bluette leans in more, a smile curling the tips of her lips.

"To be honest she's the same annoying sticky finger brat like when we were kids so I'm not surprised it was an act." I say in a bored tone, swirling a tiny ball of fire in my palm.

Usopp narrows his brows at me, "Lexie you should be the most angered out of all of us. You were the one who pushed for us to go after her in the first place." The tiny ball flared up for a hot minute.

"Oh did she?" Nojiko slides me a sly smirk. As children she witness my cold behavior towards Nami so hearing this just proves her theory on how I truly feel about Nami the annoyance.

"I only did it because Luffy needed her." I cough to cover up the blush growing on my cheeks. "Don't give me that look Nojiko I'll burn it off you."

"Boy, it makes me mad! Someone that low that mercenary isn't worth finding." Usopp growls, still in rage mode. "Lexie it's time you fulfilled that threat and burn her to ash."

"Glaldly, but I wanna hear what Luffy wants to do with her first." I sigh, wondering how my little monkey was doing, along with our gentleman cook. "Plus, I won't be like those dumbasses that burnt women at the steak because a man couldn't keep it in his pants."

Nojiko nods her head in approval at my words, "So you aren't going to attack Arlong and his crew?"

"All I care about now is getting our ship back. We'll find the Merry Go and be merrily on our way."

"Nice word play there." I high-five Usopp, "Again Luffy will probably wanna stay and fight tho."

"Luffy?" Nojiko questions, curious about the boy's name that continues to pop up in my sentences.

"My baby monkey brother." I tell her, with a fond smile. "He's also the real captain." I whisper, leaning into her ear.

"I figured, you'd never follow someone like him." She jerks her at noodle boy, who nose bobs in the wind, causing us to erupt in fits of giggles.

"What are you giggling about?" Usopp raises his brow in a suspicious way.

"Nothing, nosey." I respond, sticking my tongue out at him.