Ch 29: Movie Special: The Great Gold Pirate (Part 3)

(Cliff climbing order: Zoro, Nami, Lexie, Tobio, Ussop, and Luffy)

"You know Nami, a drop from this height could kill a person." I smiled, the evil gleam in my eyes sending a shiver down her spine along with the cold breeze as we climbed the highest mountain top. She looked to Zoro for help, now fearing for her life as I lifted her up on the narrow ledge. He just shrugged and smirked at my sadistic playfulness, knowing full well I wouldn't drop her.

"By climbing this cliff, we'll definitely meet Woonan." Luffy said, too excited to care what situation we were in, unlike Usopp who almost fell as a seagull flew pass him.

"If we don't blow away first." I teased, making Usopp turn his head to me with panic.

"Don't say things like that!" He shouts, when just then the rocks under Tobio's foot cracked and he would have fallen off the ledge if Usopp hadn't caught him with one arm. "You alright?" He asked the scared child clinging to his skinny arm.

"I guess it's too hard for a kid." Zoro said in a worried tone.

"No it isn't." Tobio protested, yet his eyes were still closed. "If I quit now.. I won't become Woonan's crewmate." He shook with open eyes at the end, determined and confident to continue.

"Don't struggle or we'll fall!" Ussop warned, like a scolding mother hen.

"Give him to me." I sighed, gripping one of Tobio's arms to toss him onto my back. Good thing his other arm hooked onto my neck or this idea would have ended badly. "Now I want you to hold on tight Tobio because if we fall, I'll drag your bratty ass to hell with me." I felt him relax as he buried his face into my neck and not my blood stained back, because I don't wanna scared the kid more than he already is. Just to be safe I held my hand under him to keep him steady.

"Look! I found a good place for to rest." Luffy said after a few more feet, coming to an elongated ledge, that seemed to lead to a cave. We were concern though by how Luffy's smile dropped and became silent.

We found the cause, finding a familiar old man. Tobio peered over my shoulders, screaming "Grandpa?!" making me drop the little bastard on his bum for screeching in my ear.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ganzo blinked in surprise.

~Time skip after story~

"I see a treasure map." Ganzo said, absorbing our tales.

"What are you doing here, Gramps?" Luffy asked. We all sat around the entrance of the cave in front of the old timer. Zoro and I sat next to each on some rocks with everyone else seated on the rocky floor.

"Burying treasure in the highest place has always been his way of doing things." Ganzo explained, confusing us with his nostalgic tone. "On this island, this is the only place he could do it."

"Grandpa... you knew Woonan?" Tobio said what we were all concluding, well probably not Luffy but he'll get there....

"He and I were like brothers, grew up on the same village." He then went into his story about how Woonan was a little prick who hated being poor and wanted a life fill with riches, while Ganzo was a humble person who longed to spend his days cooking up the best oden there was. Plus, the part of him sacrificing himself for his dickish pal after their fight involving a pirate flag that sent them hanging on a cliff above dangerous waters.

It was our turn to soak up the tales, the only one to speak was Luffy. "And did..did you die?"

"He's still alive you idiot!" Ussop smacked the back if his straw head, Zoro and Nami shook their heads at his stupidity. Me on the other hand was busting a gut, laugh so hard I laid across Zoro's lap, kicking my legs in the air.