18. Beach day

I've been slowly trying to get Peighton to open up more, and tell us how she's feeling, but all she does when I mention Ray is clam up.
    I, like usual am still up at an ungodly hour working in my shop when I hear the patter of little feet coming down the stairs.
"I put you to bed hours ago peanut." I say trying to sound stern, but failing miserably when I see her in her adorable footy pajamas Pepper got her.
"You did, but I'm not sleepy, what are you doing."
"Nothing much, just making some adjustments to the suit."
"Like what?" She says clearly trying to stall on the bedtime routine.
"Come on, let's both call it a night," I say picking her up. "JARVIS lights." I say on our way out.
"Can I sleep in your bed?"
"Well I guess this once."
"Mhhh," she says with a smirk.
"I mean it this once." I say clearly knowing it won't be just this once. Pep had to go out of town this week , but she gets back tomorrow. So it's just been me and Peighton for a bit.
    I toss her onto the bed and my heart melts as I hear her giggles. She gets under the covers and is half asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.
"Not sleepy huh?" I say and shake my head.
"Shh I'm trying to sleep." I chuckle and poke her in the ribs.
"Goodnight Peighton." She doesn't answer cause she's already out.

(Peighton POV)
I wake up before my dad and decide I'm gonna surprise him with breakfast in bed. I tip toe to the kitchen and get out the eggs and a cup. I crack the eggs and put them directly into the cup. When I get back to the bedroom He's starting to wake up. I put the cup on the dresser and run and jump on him.
"Oof Peighton." He says in his grumpy morning voice.
"Good morning Tony!"
"That's daddy to you munchkin." He corrects. I'm still getting used to calling him that.
"I made you breakfast." I say in a singing voice.
"You use the stove?" He says getting ready to scold me for it... I may have accidentally started a small fire last time, but who knew grease was so flammable? Needless to say I had to stay in my room the whole rest of the day.
"Nope, here ya go," I say handing him the glass eggs.
"Umm Peighton you have to cook them before you eat them." He says while looking at the cup in disgust.
"But I can't use the stove... and Rocky does."
"Rocky also gets up and goes for a run at 4:30 in the morning, and that's just a movie."
"I see your point, but can you at least try them?"
"How about we go cook them first."
"Okay." I sigh dramatically. He laughs, picks me up, throws me over his shoulder, and carries me to the kitchen.
"Dad what comes first the chicken or the egg?"
"Peighton it's too early for this." He says groggily.
"JARVIS?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Peighton eat your egg." I smile and eat huge bite. Making him roll his eyes.
"Don't choke."
"Okay." I say, but it is muffled cause I have a mouth full of eggs.
"And don't talk with your mouth full."

It's been a really slow morning, so I go down to dad's workshop.
"Daddy?" I say sweetly with puppy eyes.
"Hmmm."
"Can we go on a picnic?"
"I don't..." he starts but Stops when he sees my face.
"Don't do that."
"Do what?" I ask innocently batting my eyelashes
"The puppy eyes put them away."
"What puppy eyes."
"Fine, yes we can go on a picnic, go get your swimsuit on and some beach shoes."
"YAY!!!" I yell while running up the stairs to get ready.
"Don't run in the house." Dad yells from downstairs.
"Your not using your inside voice" I say just as loud while looking at him from the top of the stairs.
"Neither are you." He points out so I stick my tongue out at him and he copies me till we both get tired of it and go get ready.
When I come out of my room, Tony has the sandwiches and rest of the food all packed. And we leave to go to the beach that's only a short walk away.
"We eat lunch first, then I go swimming. I'm not aloud to go farther than my waist but it's okay. The waves are still pretty big so it makes it better. I get bored after a while and go back to shore, to sit with Tony. I end up falling asleep on the towel.
    (Tony's pov)
        I look over to see Peighton sound asleep so I just read my book until she wakes up.
"You want to go home squirt?"
"Yeah, do we have ice cream?"
"Of course we do."
"Good."
    The sun is starting to set so we watch it for a while before we go home.
"Go get you pajamas on and we can watch a movie."
"And eat ice cream?" I chuckle then confirm,
"And eat ice cream." She smiles and runs to her room. I don't think the no running in the house rule is ever gonna be taken seriously. I go scoop us some ice cream and put in the first Rocky movie. Peighton is absolutely obsessed with them right now, but the first one is her favorite. She comes back wearing Captain America pajamas.
"Who gave you those?"
"Uncle Steve."
"Uncle?!"
"Yup, but don't worry he's not my favorite avenger."
"Oh good," I say relieved.
"Black widow is."
"What?!"
"Shhh the movies starting!" I don't say anything cause she gets mad when someone talks during the movie. She's too much like me sometimes. We both end up falling asleep on the couch about half way through the movie.

SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG, I WAS THINKING ABOUT ENDING IT WITH THE LAST CHAPTER, BUT I THINK ILL KEEP GOING WITH IT. I HOPE YPU LIKED THE CHAPTER.❤️❤️❤️