14. Leverage

TONY'S POV

     "I want the avengers here for backup." I say in all seriousness.
"Stark don't you this is a little below their pay grade?" Fury asks skeptically.
"No I think it's just the job for the avengers."
"I'm not calling the whole team in!" He says raising his voice.
"All I'm saying is the next time you actually feel the need for them you might want me included." I say calmly.
"What are you saying."
"I think you know what I'm saying. If you want my help "saving the world" next time." I say in my usual sneer.
"Stark! Banner is all the way in..."
"We don't need Banner then!" I say slamming my fists on his desk in rage.
"Who all is close?!"
"Rogers, Natasha, and maybe Clint."
"Are you gonna call them or am I?"
"You don't even know where she is."
"Actually I do."
"How?"
"I built nanotechnology into my suit coat for this kind of situation, and gave Peighton my coat. I know that she wouldn't let it go, JARVIS is tracking it as we speak."
"I'll call in as many as I can."

(PEIGHTON POV)
     I wake up on a concrete floor, there's a chair and table. I cringe as I sit up and look around the only light is from the single flickering light bulb on the ceiling. I'm shivering so I wrap Tony's suit coat closer around me. That's when the door opens and a tall man with short hair comes in.
He doesn't say anything he puts down a tray with a cup of water, an apple and half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the table.
"I'm not hungry."
"Eat!" I don't argue, and sit at the table. He doesn't seem like a guy that's gonna give up easily.
"What are you gonna do with me?"
"Oh sweetheart just a little family reunion."
"What?"
"Do you need my help eating?" He yells right in my face,
"Do you need me to..." I start about to sass him, but instead He draws his hand back and slaps me with such force that I'm knocked out of the chair. He rips me up and forces some food into my mouth and I spit it right back at him. He throws the water on my already cold body and storms out of the room. I shiver and force myself back onto my feet and grip the table for balance. I've got to get out of here... "think Peighton think!" I say to myself.
Then it hits me. I pull the table to the corner of the room, and flip it so the legs are touching the wall and the table part is out so I can hide behind it without being seen. But instead of hiding behind it I go to the door and hide behind it so when he opens the door I'm right behind it. Now I wait.

(TONY'S POV)

"Thanks for this guys." I say knowing I needed to say something. We found out that Peighton is being held in an abandoned factory about six hour drive away, so we take the plane in order to be there in two hours. We are over an hour into the journey, Clint's flying and the others are all sitting, Not me, I'm doing my usual pacing around, worrying about the kid I didn't even think I cared that much about.
"I didn't know you had a kid?" Says Steve.
"Neither did I. Until last week that is."
"What happened?" Natasha asked curiously.
"Her mom, Rachel works at SHIELD apparently and got herself into trouble, classified stuff. After we get Peighton we need to go for Rachel."
"You already briefed us on everything, we'll have her back in no time."I just look out the window and ignore Steve's optimism. I can't let anything happen to her I'd never forgive myself.
     "Come look at this." Nat says in an unreadable expression.
     "Looks like Agent Matthews terminated the man she was trying to find."
"What?!" I can't imagine Ray killing anyone. I go over and see pictures of her target.
"Fury said she was supposed to, get him back for debriefing, how do you know it was her?"
"It's called hacking, I'm looking into some SHIELD files, I don't know Fury's game, but he isn't showing all his cards."
"Does He ever?" Steve says in a almost angry way.
"There's lives at stake and he still is trying to hide things."
"Let's just focus on the mission. Awful quiet up there Clint?"
"Just focused, we're gonna get your kid back."
"I know."

    (PEIGHTON'S POV)
     I've been waiting for what seems like forever, when the door finally opens. A man huffs,
"Come out of there now... don't make me come over there for you!" He says getting impatient and does just what I was hoping for by walking over to the turned over table. I slip out the open door and shut it, locking it behind me.
"Hey!" I hear distantly through the door. He stars banging on it. It isn't very loud though which I'm glad for. I need to get out of here. I run past doors and doors until I finally see a window. I'm about to jog towards it when I hear loud alarms going off.  Then I sprint as fast as I can to it. I open it and climb out falling a few feet because I'm so short. There's woods everywhere and I don't even know where to go, so I just run and don't stop.

APRIL 23
   Hey sorry it's been so long since I up updated, and it's a shorter update, but it's been a crazy ride the past couple months. Hope you liked the chapter! And as I promised a short kidnapping😂