15.Like An Avenger

THERE'S GONNA BE A LOT OF POV CHANGES SORRY

      I'm running faster than I ever have. I stop every once in a while to see if I can hear anyone coming, or the sounds of cars on a road, nothing. I look over and see a fallen tree that looks like a good place to rest underneath of for a minute. It's been a good half hour, there's a helicopter that keeps going overhead probably looking for me. I still have Tony's coat secured tightly around me. It makes me feel safer somehow. Before I can help myself I start to drift off.

(TONY'S POV)
We  luckily have a cloak on our plane that makes it so nobody can see us or even pick us up on radar. So we land pretty much on their doorstep. There's backup still in the air hovering looking for anything out of the usual. When we break in, we are greeted by 10 armed guards. I throw A gas bomb that makes them pass out and we wait until the smoke clears to continue. Some more shield agents come in and take out more people. Nat, Clint, Steve, and myself open doors trying to find Peighton.
"Guys!" Clint yells and we all run in that direction.
"Rachel!" I yell and run over to her. My mask opens so she can see my face. Her shirt has ridden up so you can see her stomach covered in bruises and cuts.
"Tony?"
"I'm here, what'd they do to you?!"
"Mostly psychological than physical interrogation they even tried to say they had Peighton." I look down sheepishly.
"No?... no no nonono..."
"Hey that's why were here, we are going to get her, get the medics"
"I'm fine untie me... now!" I do what she asks, but object when she starts to sit up.
"No!"
"Yes! Let's go find our daughter." The others in the room are awkwardly standing there.
"Now!" She yells and that seems to get us all moving, She's limping, but doesn't look too bad.
"Well, now I know where peighton gets her stubbornness. You need help!" She ignores me and keeps walking.
"Stark!" Clint calls.
"They've got a security camera!" The team and I follow Clint to a room where a shield agent presses a button and I see Peighton push a table to a corner of the room... what's she doing?
"Can we fast forward a bit?" With a huff the agent does as requested. That's when I see my kid outsmart her captors and make a run for it.
"That explains why there aren't as many men here as we expected." Steve states.
"Their out looking for her."
"We need to find her first," I say then start giving the game plan,
"Nat and Clint you guys go together, Steve and I will go."
"And me." Says Rachel.
"There's no way in the world I'm not helping find my little girl."
"Our little girl," I say with raised eyebrows.
"Our little girl," She confirms.
"Okay I'll go alone, go with Steve." I turn to him before she can argue.
"Nothing happens to her."
"You have my word." He says with a nod. I don't wait for anything I suit up and Fly out.

(PEIGHTON'S POV)
I wake up and look around and listen quietly. When I don't hear anything I get up and start to run again. I don't know where I'm going, but I can't just stay in one place.
I'm fast, but not very good at long distance, so I couldn't be more than two miles from the place where they had me.
"Hey!"" A man yells, and then shoots. I can't help but let out a scream and keep running faster. I hear a vague 'we need her alive!'... that's comforting. I'm just running as fast as my legs will carry me, but I trip and fall down a hill. I hear the men run past, but I stay still at least I won't have to deal with them.

(Tony's POV)
I'm looking from above ground.
"JAR, get a thermal scanner and find out where people are."
"There are two bodies three hundred feet straight ahead, and one lagging behind at two hundred feet."
"That must be her! Let's find her!" I land and see what the thugs missed. I see a little figure lying at the bottom of the hill, and immediately walk out of the suit and start to get down the hill that's more like a cliff as fast as I can, without going tumbling down myself.
"Peighton!"
"Tony?" She whimpers.
"Hey." I say quietly and relieved.
"Tony it hurts! It hurts!" She whimpers with tear running down her cheeks.
"Hey, hey baby where where does it hurt?" I ask soothingly rubbing her hair out of her sweaty forehead.
"My... my leg." She cries. I look down, and it's definitely broken.
"Okay, okay It's gonna be okay. I'm gonna count to three bite down on this." I say grabbing a little stick.
"Why?"
"I have to set it so it will heal properly, alright it's gonna hurt pretty bad." This makes her cry harder which makes me feel like someone stabbed me in the gut.
"But baby your so brave. Just like your mom, and she's waiting for you so I have to do this so I can move you... okay?"
"Okay." She says in a whisper/whimper. She bites down and I count to three and snap her leg back into place with a cringe worthy crack. She bites down hard and lets out as much of a cry as possible around the stick and starts crying.
"You took that like an avenger." I say kissing her forehead.
"Really? But I cried?" She says in between her big breaths.
"Even Captain America cried when I set his leg." This Of course is a lie, but hey parents do that sometimes... I think?
"You're a liar." She says with her cheeky smile.
"Maybe I am, but it made you smile." I say with a nervous/relived breathy laugh.
She sits up as much as she can and puts her arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder and says four words that make me feel like I'm actually a father.
"I love you Tony."
"I love you too." I pick her up and she groans in pain, but falls asleep on my shoulder. I suit back up careful not to wake her and start heading back to the planes.
"JARVIS, let the team know I got her."
"Yes sir."

ABOUT THE PICTURE, SORRY I DIDN'T HAVE ANY WITH THE BAILEY MADISON IN A SUIT COAT, BUT SHE IS WEARING IT STILL. I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER! I LOVE TONY STARK BEING A DAD SO MUCH!😂
(5/8/2020)