20.Surprise

"But why?" I ask for the hundredth time that day
"Because I have to." Dad said trying not to lose hoods cool. As he puts a shirt into his small suitcase.
"Please don't go!" I practically beg as I take out the shirt he just packed and put it back in the dresser.
"Peighton stop this, I told you it's important business with the avengers." He's starting to get irritated. I can tell cause he keeps rolling his eyes.
"Why can't I come then?" This is the first time he's leaving me since momma died.
"It's gonna be boring meetings and such."
"But I can..."
"You can stay here with Pep for three days while I go take care of business, and I don't want another word about it young lady," He says getting serious with me.
And now there is only one thing left to do. I'm going to hide in his car. Then he will be forced to take me cause it will already be too late.
I get up and start to leave the room, But he cuts me off.
"And I better not find you inside of my car little girl." I look back at him I'm shock.
"How did you know?!"
"I'm Tony Stark I see all."
Without thinking I pull my shoe off and throw it at his head. Too bad for him that I'm such a good aim.
"Ouch! Peighton Stark!" He picks up my shoe, and turns to me irritated.
"I thought you 'see all'." I say the last part in a deep voice trying to mock him.
"Oh I'm seeing something!" He says putting his fingers on his temple.
"Get real," I cross my arm.
"I see a little girl running... running fast."
"Why is she running?"
"Because she's being chased by a crazy man with a shoe," He says with a smirk.
"What does she look like?" I say taking a few steps back.
"Take a guess," He says suddenly running toward me.
I take off down the hall screaming bloody murder. And he's close behind me. I make it all the way to my room, but before I can he grabs me, and tosses me through the air and onto my bed. I'm laughing, and then he comes over and starts ticking me until I eventually beg him to stop.
"Hey baby, I promise I will be back before you know it, and you and Pepper are going to have a blast!"
"Hmmm, sure." He starts ticking me again.
"I mean of course we will!"
Pepper pokes her head in,
"Tony are you almost packed?"
"Yeah." He lies.
"Hmmm, sure." He smiles sheepishly as she walks away.
"How come I get attacked for the 'hmmm sure', and she gets nothing!"
"Because she's bigger than me, she can beat me up."
"No she can't!"
"Yes I can." She yells from down the hall.
(1hr later)
"Tony you almost forgot your plans, they were on your dresser." Pepper catches him before he drives off.
"What I was sure I put those in..." he stops and they both look at me. I look away,
"JARVIS!"
"I didn't tell ma'am."
"Goodbye my girls." He says one last time, before he drives off. I cant help but tear up a little. He didn't give me a kiss goodbye, but he's still new at this dad thing. Pepper turns to me,
"Well! Now that he's finally gone."
"What do you mean?"
"Now we can finally have some fun!" She says as a cool car drives up.
"Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise, and your suitcase is packed!"
"Can't you even give me a hint!?"
"Okay, one hint... I packed your swimsuit."
"That's a lousy hint."
"Well it's the only one you're gonna get." She winks at me and I can't help but smile, forgetting all about my dad being gone.

   "We've been driving for hours." I complain from the backseat. She laughs
"You are just as impatient as your father, and Only a little bit longer."
"Didn't You already say that?"
"Yea, but I mean it this time."  She laughs and I sigh dramatically.
"Why don't you play with your tablet?"
"Ton... dad put a limit on how long I can play on it."
"You can play with my phone then."
     I pull it out of her purse beside me. And a message pops up from Tony.
"Dad texted you," I say suddenly getting a little sad.
"What's it say?"
"A bunch of words I can't use... and something about dying of boredom.
"I put some games on there why don't you play with them."
"Okay." We finally get to the hotel and get all of our stuff to an enormous room. There's a big bed, a giant tv, kitchen set, and a jacuzzi. I run and jump on the bed and pepper laughs.
"Do you want to go swimming?"
"Yes! But can we get something to eat first?"
"Of course, what do you want to eat?"
"Cheeseburgers."
"You and your dad." She rolls her eyes and orders her a salad and me two cheeseburgers."

       I've been swimming for a little while, but she made me wait a half hour after I ate.
"Peighton, do you want to get dressed and go for a walk?"
"Yeah! Can we get ice cream?"
"Of course, what should we get for dinner?"
"Cheese..."
"Please not cheeseburgers again," She laughs.
"Pizza?"
"Sounds good."

      Pepper and I walk down the sidewalk in a beautiful California park.
"Where are we?... like what city?"
"Santa Monica."
"Well why are we here?"
"You'll find out tomorrow." She says in a singsong voice.
"Aww come on, we were driving forever it has to be cool, please tell me." I beg.
"We we're driving for a half hour." Pepper laughs at my exaggeration.
"Oh, well it felt like hours." She laughs again.
"Do you want me to punch you on the swing?"
"You'll do that?"
"Yea why wouldn't I?"
"I just didn't think you'd want to. You know?"
"Oh cause I could break a nail?"
"It sounded different in my head."
"Don't worry about it, I understand why you think that way." She says as I get on the swing.
"You do?"
"Yeah, when I was little my mom wouldn't do things like push me on the swings, or play with me. I promised myself when I was a little that'd I do everything with my daughter. You might not be mine, and I'm not great with kids. If you'll let me I'd love to get better. Could you help me with that?"
"I'd like that."
     We're sitting on the bed, eating pizza, and watching jumunji. We did each others nails and makeup earlier. Mine looks better than Pepper's because she did mine. We sat in the big jacuzzi in our room too.
"Maybe you should go brush your teeth before you fall asleep." She smiles seeing me almost falling asleep. Once I do I get back in the bed and I fall asleep almost instantly.

(Next day)
      "Pepper come on just tell me."
"We are almost there." We put our suit cases in the car cause we are going home right after the surprise.

    "We're here!" Pepper says about ten minutes later.
"What is it?" I look out at the sign and read it 'Ray Stark school for young artists' I see a huge and beautiful building.
"What is this?!"
"It was Tony's idea, he didn't want you to go to a public school. He said he wanted to make sure the building was structurally sound." She laughs and shakes her head.
"Wow! I get to come here!"
"This fall! It has student boarding too, you don't have to, we're close to the school."
"This is awesome!"
"The whole school is dedicated to your mom There's a room with all of your mom's paintings and sculptures she made."
"Is that dad?!"
"He wanted to surprise you, but he also wanted to make sure everything was perfect."
"Let's go take a tour, Tony is waiting for us."
"Pepper?"
"Yeah?"
"Why did we stay at a hotel and stuff?"
"Well, I knew you would miss your dad, so I wanted to help take your mind off it. Also I wanted to spend some time with you."
"Thanks I had an awesome time with you!"

SO I AM GOING TO MAKE A CHAPTER ABOUT THIS, BUT I'M GOING TO TURN THIS INTO AN OPEN REQUEST BOOK STARTING NOW. SO OF YPU WANT ANY STORY ABOUT PEIGHTON JUST MESSAGE OR COMMENT WHAT YOU WANT. IT CAN BE ANY AGE.