9.Moving day

(Peighton's pro)
I felt myself being laid onto a bed, and heard the door shut. So much for no more crying, But I don't care anymore. I fall right to sleep, but I want nothing more than to be in my bed.
"Miss Stark. It is time for you to get up." I hear the AI's voice.
"Okay... and please just call me Peighton."
"As you wish ma'am," He says meekly. I get up and put on a plain blue T-shirt and a pair of jeans. My hair is in a ponytail from last night, I don't fix it. My mom always had to help me with that. I walk out of my room, and JARVIS helps me find the way.
     Before I get there, I have a mini heart attack... CHLOE! I sprint back to my room. And sigh in relief when I see my backpack on a chair. I run over to it, and go to grab my kitten only to find an empty bag. Shoot.
     "Chloe?... here kitty kitty kitty... come on girl, please." I've only been looking a minute when I realize.
"Hey JARVIS?" He answers right away,
"Yes Peighton?"
"You don't by any chance know where my cat is do you?"
"Yes ma'am, she is in the kitchen."
"Thanks JAR!" I sprint out to the kitchen, when I come to a rolling stop. Tony is on his phone, and Chloe is on the cabinet right above his head.
"Peighton the movers..." I cut him off when my cat looks about ready to meow.
"Good morning Mr. Stark!" I yell.
"Umm good morning... I think? Please don't be this peppy before I've had my coffee."
"Sorry it's just... I accidentally spilled water in the living room."
"Come on kid. You're killing me, from now on you eat, drink, and do anything else that's messy in the kitchen."
"Will there at least be toilet paper?" I sass. He scoffs, and glares at me,
"Shut up." When he leaves I climb onto the counter to grab my cat. Once she's safe in my arms I sprint back to my room. That was too close.
"Kid? Where did you spill it?" Stark yells from the living room. I run out,
"Gotcha!" He grumbles.
"Want something to eat?"
"No I'm not hungry."
"You have to eat sometime."
"You gonna make me?" He gives me a look that says I should stop while I'm ahead. I do and go back to my room too feed my cat. When I come out Stark is hanging up the phone.
"come on kid." I follow him to the elevator and stop. He sighs and comes out.
I think he is finally giving up, until he grabs me and easily puts me over his shoulder I try to kick him, but he grabs my leg. I go limp angrily and try not to look out the window. When the door is about to open he puts me down and I kick him in the shin.
"Owww, you little." I run out the elevator, but get stopped by a metal hand. I turn to see Tony's suit hand, and Tony trying to catch up.
"Let's just get this over with so you can go back to your room and stop being a little pest!" He snaps.
"Whatever!" I stomp out to his limo.
     On the way there it was amazing. I felt like the 'fresh prince of bel air' or Annie, except mr Stark isn't bald... but I can fix that. I laugh to myself, he really would kill me.
"Why are you doing the evil smile?" I snap out of it, and Stark is looking at me funny. I shrug and look out the window.
"So kid, what school do you go to?"
"I'm sure you already looked that up.
"Yeah, I did."
"Dad wanted me to be homeschooled, he said he thought I'd do better at home, but he and mom were both busy during the days."
"Well that's dumb, you have to get out on your own at some point. Otherwise you'll be playing video games in your mom's basement."
"I don't have a basement, or a mom anymore." He has a look of pity, but it quickly passes so I continue.
"And I'm only seven so give me a break... don't worry I won't be like you." I say with a sass overload.
"I'm a millionaire?"
"And what exactly did you do till you got a crazy big inheritance?" He glares at me, But it softens a little,
"I'm only gonna say this once so are you listening half-pint?"
"All ears half-wit," I glare.
"You are way too much like me. And You're kinda cute when you act like a brat," he smirks at me. I just bite my lip, shrug, and look out the window. He scoffs and we sit in silence the rest of the drive to my house.
     When we get there the movers vans are already all there. I jump out as soon as the vehicle stops and run in. Nobody has done anything yet so I take one last walk through saving my parents room for last. I get there and remember Tony took the comforter last night when he got me.
"Hey kid they wanna start moving things. What do you want to do with the furniture?" I shrug.
"That doesn't really help."
"Well I never have thought about what to do with all my dead parents stuff," I mumble not meaning any sarcasm with it. He sighs,
"I'll figure it out." I hear him leave and go to my room to make sure all my stuff gets in the truck going to Tony's tower not some crappy storage shed. It's gonna be a long day.

    It's been six hours and the house is empty. I asked Tony where all the furniture went but he just brushed me off. He had the movers take everything that's going to the penthouses, and hired someone to set it up in my room.
"Well I'm famished, how about we go..."
"I'm not hungry, but I'll wait in the car."
"Kid you haven't had anything all day."
"That pizza was really filling last night."
"Nice try short stuff JARVIS told me you threw it all up. We're going to get something and you're gonna eat, or I'm gonna shove it down your throat."
I glare at him, but follow him to the limo. We stop at some burger place that I would not expect THE Tony Stark to show his face in.
"We're getting takeout, what do you want on you burger?"
"I'm not hungry."
"Fine I'll guess," He leaves and comes back with two bags.
"Here," He says handing me a burger. I glare at himself he smirks back.
"I'm not messing around roll it up, now." Tony says irritatedly. I rolled the window down, and threw it out. I turned around expecting to see him glaring at me, he looks amused/annoyed.
"Don't worry I grabbed an extra, just in case." I glare at him and he gives his irritating smirk.
"If you eat this, I'll buy you whatever you want."
"Whatever I want?"
"That's what I said."
"Okay I have something in mind... but I don't need you to buy it for me."
"Okay?" He says with confusion In his voice. I inhale the burger and smile.
"So what is it you want but I don't need to buy?"
"A kitten."
10/16/19