7.Missing

I manage to sneak down the flights of stairs, and past the secretary and guards. I walk down the streets, and eventually see a cab. I get in, and an older man turns around, and smiles.
"What's a little girl like yourself doing wandering around New York... especially at night?" He says with a thick accent.
"Just going home... How far can I get with this much?" I ask innocently holding out half the money. He smiles kindly,
"Keep your money, I want you to get home... where to, honey?"
     I almost cry... I haven't seen this kind of kindness in what feels like forever. Mrs June was nice, but then again she kinda had to be. I tell him a address a few blocks away from my real house, I don't want anybody to know my exact location.
      After we have been on the road for about twenty minutes, he turns to me and starts to question me,
"What's your name?"
"Peighton... Peighton sta...Matthews."
"You sure?" He jokes.
"Yeah... kinda, I... it's a long story." I sigh, and he smiles.
"What's yours?"
"Stan smiley."

"Smiley?" I say with a smirk I can't hide, he smiles back

"Everybody seems to have the same reaction to my last name."
"It's really your name?"
"Yep... where are you heading to?"
"My... aunt's," I lie very non-smoothly.
"You know, your a terrible liar," He chuckles.
"Yeah I know." I look out the window hoping he'll get the memo.
     Unfortunately he doesn't,
"You know running never solved anything," he says with a raised eyebrow, I just stay quiet.
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"Listen where's your parents?"
"At my house, that's where I'm going." I say nonchalantly
"I thought you were going to your aunt's house."... shoot, I just ignore him. Until he pulls over luckily I know where we're at. He turns around, and starts to try to reason with me.
"Are you in some kind of trouble with your parents, running never solved anything. So where's your home?" Instead of answering I just stare straight ahead. He sighs,
"I guess we'll just head over to the police station. I can't let a little girl go somewhere alone."
Welp I've outworn my welcome here too. I jump out of the cab, and sprint down the sidewalk. Stan was pretty old, so he won't be catching up with me. I'm a few miles away from my home, so I'll just walk. I could use some time to think anyway. What if he called the police for real, he knows my name. I won't go back with Tony, I just can't.
I get the spare key out from under the big rock I painted next to our porch. I open the door slowly, and listen to make sure nobody's there. I go into my parents room, and curl up under their comforter. I used to do this during storms... I hate thunder. I would hide my head under the covers, and wait for one of them to come and tell me everything was okay, that they loved me. They can't be dead, I won't believe it. Maybe if I hide here they'll still come and get me. They always said they'd find me.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER😕... I WILL TRY TO UPDATE SOON😀
10/17/19