8.Find Her

(At the tower)
      "Hey Jarvis... tell me where Pep is."
"Mrs Potts is on her way to Malibu, to make sure everything will be in order for you when you return home."
"I know what she's doing, but where is she exactly?"
"On your home screen sir."
"Thanks JAR."
"My pleasure."
"Well I suppose we can call it a night."
"Yes sir, that will be excellent for you to get a full six hours."
"Six?! What time is it?"
"Eleven o'clock sir."
"Then why only six hours?"
"I have calculated how much time it will take you to fall asleep, and the times you get up to go to the kitchen, and when you decide to come work on another project."
"Hmmm am I that predictably?"
"No comment."
"Smart."
    I work my way up stairs, and see all the lights still on. Oh yeah the kid, she must still be awake. Guess I should go tell her to go to bed or something... nahhh.
"Hey JARVIS, tell the kid to hit the sack."
"What sack? And what child are you referring too?"
"Just tell her to go to bed." I reply exhaustedly.
"I'm afraid that will be rather difficult, sir."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Sir Miss. Stark left the tower at 9 o'clock."
"She What?!?!? Why didn't you tell me?!"
"You said not to inform you unless..."
"Yeah but why would you listen to me?"
"Sir that is how I was programmed."
"You don't happen to know where she is, or where the heck she went do you?"
"She did not say, sir. But if you like I can contact authorities," The British voice offered.
"No I don't need word of my... Of it going viral."
"I understand sir."
"Where could she have gone?!" I pause and think for a second.
"Sir?" JARVIS questions.
"Oh well, I'm not gonna keep her here if she doesn't want to be."
I'm on my way back to my lab when it hits me. I can't leave an seven year old on the streets of New York, my Kid nonetheless.
"Jar? Start my car."
"Where is your destination sir?"
"I'm gonna go get the kid back. She's probably lost by now crying in an alley somewhere," I roll my eyes. I should have attached a tracking device or something to the kid. I go out to my car, and get in the seat I'll check a few parks first, then I'll go to her old home.

Well no luck, when I get my hands on that kid she's gonna be camping out in her room for the next month. I guess I'd better check her old house, but how could she get there. She's seven it's not like she has any...
"JARVIS? Is there any money sitting on the counter at the tower? I remember Pep said something about that."
"No money on the counter sir."
"That little devil," I chuckle.
"Get me directions to her old house?"
"Right away sir, turn left on avenue forty three, and right at Hollis street, and continue straight for six minuets twenty two seconds exactly. I'll instruct further as you get there."
"Thanks JAR."
"My pleasure sir, shall I inform Miss Potts, sir?"
"No! are you nuts she'd kill me. This is just between us got it?"
"As you wish sir."

      When we pull up to the small house I can tell someone has been in it. Their is a light on in one of the rooms. I walk in quietly, and sneak into the room with the light on. I find the little run away snuggled up under the blankets sound asleep. Well as the old saying goes... let sleeping dogs lie. I walk around the house, and then make myself a cup of coffee.
"Hey Jarvis?" I ask through my transmitter.
"Yes sir?"
"How fast can you get movers here?"
"Checking now sir."
"Tell them to get here tomorrow morning at ten a.m... actually make that eleven."
"Done sir."
    Now all I have to do is get the kid, and bring her back to the tower. I walk into the room, and pull the blanket off of her.
"Come on munchkin."
"Mom?! I new you'd come! I knew you wouldn't leave me!" Peighton says still half asleep.
"Peighton? It's Tony, it's time to go the movers are gonna come tomorrow and get the stuff. You'll have to do without it tonight," I say firmly. She blinks, and rubs her big brown eyes.
"Where's...?" She trails off.
"They were supposed to come... they'd never leave me!" She yells.
"Listen kid, I'm sorry about everything your going through, but..."
"NO! You're not supposed to be here... they always said they'd come for me. They wouldn't lie!" She is full on sobbing now, and I have no idea what to do.
"JARVIS? What do I do with it?"
"Singing seems to calm most children down."
"As if," I scoff. I pick her up, and she starts thrashing, and kicking in my arms.
"That's enough!" I say sternly. She stops, but is still sobbing.
"Their not dead... their not dead..." she repeats over and over quietly.
     My stomach is clutching, for some reason I feel terrible all the sudden. She's lost everything and now has to come live with a total stranger.
"Come on, let's go home."
"I am home," She says defiantly.
"I'll make a deal with you... tomorrow movers are coming at eleven to move things to my penthouse. If you come with me now you can come back tomorrow, and help boss people around... Okay?" She doesn't answer.
"Come on squirt it's a one time offer."
"Okay," She whispers. Before I walk out I grab the big comforter off her parents bed, and wrap it around her. I also get her backpack she came with. It's a bit chilly out this late in the evening. She falls right back to sleep, but not before I hear her mumble.
"Mom, please come back."

(Unknown POV)
"She must know something!"
"She refuses to give us any information sir, we can't get her to talk."
"We will find out what we need from her... it's only a matter of time before she breaks, and we will be there when she does."
"She isn't breaking, only repeating one name over and over like a broken record."
"What name?"
"Peighton."

AND THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!!

10/19/19