17.Healing

It's been a week since Ray's actual funeral. Her husband Jack didn't want Peighton anymore which only broke her heart again. If I said I was sad he didn't want her I'd be lying, I don't want to lose her again... ever.
The poor thing feels like she's lost everything. She doesn't talk, doesn't cry, she won't even hold her stupid kitten. She sits by her window all day with the lights off looking at the world below. She only eats because I practically force her to. I hear her talking to herself some nights. All she does is mutters things I can't understand. Pepper and I thought I'd be best to move her to the house in Malibu so We'd be more isolated, and out of the public eye. Maybe it will snap her out of her shock. I walk into her room and talk to her sweetly hoping maybe she'll realize that it's gonna be okay, that I'm not gonna give her up.
"Hey squirt, we're all packed up and ready to go, I know you hate heights but it'd be a pretty far drive, what do you want to do?" Silence, is all I get from the little brunette.
"Listen Peighton I know you're hurting..." I can't even finish my sentence before she jumps up and collides into my chest.
"Don't leave me. Don't leave me... don't leave me..." The first words I hear from her in a week and she just repeats them over and over like a broken record.
"Peighton, listen to me I will never leave you understand? Never." I say making her look at me.
"Promise?"
"Promise."
She goes limp in my arms and I carry her out and to the limo waiting to take us to my private airstrip. As I hold her in my arms I know she's probably getting a good nap. With her waking up screaming her mom's name she hasn't gotten a good night sleep since Ray... she's gonna be okay, I'll make sure of it. I miss her forehead and softly whisper,
"I love you little one."
"I'm not that little. You're just big." She says stubbornly showing signs of her old self thankfully returning.
"You callin' me fat?!" I say poking her ribs making her squirm.
"Of course not." She says sarcastically making Pepper giggle at us.
"Just puffy," She smirks. I scoff as if I'm offended. then unexpectedly she reaches up and kisses my cheek, then snuggles back into my chest.
"I love you too daddy."

SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY, BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED MY BOOK AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!❤️❤️❤️