3

"Jaemin." Jeno spoke, "that was your name right?"

"Hm? Yeah, it is." Jaemin played with his hands, proud he didn't stutter. His name rolled off nicely from Jeno's tongue. Suddenly, he had a flashback to the night at Firelies. He remembered light kisses on his neck with groans in between, and a tongue that rolled in other ways, and he felt a small shudder go up his spine. He cleared his throat.

"What's your business with me?" Jeno asked politely.

"I..." Jaemin smiled awkwardly. He felt his cheeks heat up.

What is going on with me? Jaemin asked himself. He groaned inwardly at the extremity of his nerves.

"Have I met you before?" Jeno asked with a frown.

"No! I mean, yes, actually." Jaemin chuckled awkwardly. It hurt a little that he wasn't remembered, but then again, he also could barely remember Jeno.

"I have?" Jeno frowned.

"Yes, you actually um...Have you been to Fireflies?" Jaemin asked and looked away. He heard Jeno stand up from the couch across and watched from the corner of his eye as he sat next to him.

"I have." Jeno almost whispered, like he was ashamed. "Why?"

"Well, I was there two months ago." Jaemin started.

"Me too." Jeno said.

"Yeah, and I just found out today that..." Jaemin's words trailed off.

"That what?" Jeno urged.

"I'm pregnant." Jaemin suddenly said loudly. He felt a small weight lifted off his shoulders from finally admitting it, but then he realized the weight of having admitted it to this man. "I'm pregnant," he said in a smaller voice. "I'm carrying, and I think you're the father." Jaemin didn't want to look at Jeno and face his reality. This man was certainly powerful. He felt so little and like he was being scrutinized.

"So, what are we going to do?" After a long moment, he heard Jeno ask, calmly. We? Jaemin questioned to himself. He expected Jeno to just metaphorically throw money at him or to ask Jaemin what he wanted Jeno to do about it. He did not expect Jeno to ask what 'they together' should do.

"Um, well, I'm not sure, but I wanted to just get it aborted." Jaemin said.

"If you wanted to get an abortion, then why did you come here?" Jeno spoke. There was no bite in his tone. It was just a plain question.

"Abortion is expensive." Jaemin mumbled. "I have no money for it."

"What if I don't want you to abort?" Jeno asked, catching Jaemin off guard.

"Then I'm going to try to do it on my own. I'll work extra shifts at my job until I can afford it." Jaemin said. He could've brought up the child support card, but felt no need to bark at Jeno, who seemed to be very passive.

"Are you sure you want an abortion? It's a risky thing here and now. It's frowned upon more than an unmarked pregnant omega." Jeno asked sternly.

"I know, but what am I supposed to do about it? We're strangers. What would people say then? Wouldn't it be better to clear yourself of an unplanned child?"

"Jaemin, I don't want to pay for you to get an abortion. I truly don't believe that that's our only option." Jeno sighed.

"Then, I'm sorry to bother you." Jaemin gulped.

"I will help you through your pregnancy though, if you decide to keep it." Jeno spoke. Jaemin was about to get up but stayed down at that.

"What, but isn't that more expensive?"