16

Jaemin woke up late.

He walked downstairs with a hand on his belly and a hand covering his yawn. He was still in his pajamas, barely awake. Suddenly, a sweet smell rushed into his nose. Once he was downstairs and in the kitchen, he saw Jeno there. Jaemin had only peeked his head over the side of the wall to observe, so Jeno hadn't noticed him.

Jeno was a little sweaty, still wearing the clothes from last night. His hair had a few strands standing. There was music playing from his phone that he was singing to, as he stood next to the stove. Jaemin couldn't see what he was doing, but he could smell the scent of eggs, bacon, and...was that French toast? Wow. American Style. Jeno did a little dance to his music, making Jaemin laugh. Jeno turned his head quickly to him.

"Oh, you scared me."

Jaemin smiled, walking over to him.

"You could've asked me for pajamas." Jaemin said, pointing at the jeans Jeno must've worn to sleep. Jaemin grabbed a cup to fill with water and a mint. He was feeling a little sick this morning.

"It's fine. I just took my jeans off to sleep." Jaemin imagined it, and he hated that he did. He raised a brow towards Jeno.

"You mean to tell me you were just naked on my couch?"

Jeno smiled awkwardly and dusted pink. Jaemin laughed, then groaned a little when he felt nauseous.

"What's wrong?" Jeno frowned.

"Nothing, just feeling kind of sick."

"Oh, then sit down. I made breakfast." Jeno reached over and was about to grab Jaemin's shoulders, but Jaemin could tell he felt weird doing so, since he stopped midway.

"What did I tell you yesterday?" Jaemin sighed, grabbing one of Jeno's hands and squeezing it, then letting go to move himself over to the dinning table.

"So I didn't dream that?" Jeno mumbled.

"How do you not have a hangover or something? I should be making you soup." Jaemin groaned, closing his eyes and leaning his head back, "Why am I the one feeling hung over when I didn't drink?"

"I'm a little hung over, but not too bad that I should complain and lay down all day."

"Good for you, then, babe."

"This might help. I've heard it helps, but not sure." Jaemin opened his eyes to see Jeno handing him his jacket. He grabbed it and stared at it, gulping at realizing Jeno had scented this for him. Jaemin sniffed it and felt himself immediately begin to relax, and the nausea began to dissipate.

"I know we're not mates or anything like that, but I know our bodies are kind of tricking us we are," Jeno said, scratching the back of his neck, "or at least mine is."

Jeno wearily reached to grab his jacket from Jaemin and placed it around the omega's shoulders, reaching behind him for something, then placing a plate in front of Jaemin.

"I hope it's good. I had to look up YouTube videos to make it. American style food seemed easier than the Korean breakfast videos." Jeno tinted pink in embarrassment.

Jaemin laughed and took a bite of the French toast with his fork.

"Wow, it's actually pretty good. Good job, Jeno." Jaemin smiled as Jeno's cheeks became closer to red.

"Can you bring me some syrup, please?" Jaemin asked and Jeno nodded walking back to get it. Jaemin felt a sudden wash of emotions. He hadn't been treated like this in a while by someone: making him food with all of that effort, doing basically anything he asked, not that he wanted to take advantage of Jeno, but it was such a big change. Jaemin was suddenly reminded of Donghae who had been something like this too at first, but not to this extent. The reminder of that made Jaemin remind himself to be more cautious, but it was hard to he when you were getting treated so well.