6

Jeno left not long after. Jaemin had been relieved since he was finally tired, but he missed the scent. The scent of alphas were often too strong and sometimes made Jaemin feel sick to his stomach, especially when he was in heat. Jeno's provided comfort, perhaps because their biology was tricking them that they were mates. It might also be the remembrance that smell gave him of his dear mother.

His sweet mother and his terrible father.

His father had wanted to abort him. His mother had wanted to keep him. It was because of his mother that he was alive. This was the root of Jaemin's anxiety towards abortion. His father didn't care for his mother enough to stick around. Slowly, his mother fell into a mental illness after giving birth.

His father was forced to take care of him. His step-mother raised him, not very well, but she did. They were both alphas with no tolerance for omegas. They would leave him home alone to fend for himself. He remembered his sweet mother had taken care of him so well, creating a contrast to the way his father and step-mother treated him.

His mother used to spread incense around the house, spearmint. The house was made of cedarwood.

Jaemin shuddered at the odd coincidence.

He was having trouble sleeping, thinking why the universe allowed for him to get pregnant. He didn't want a child and he didn't want his child to suffer if it was born. How could everything have aligned the way it did? It was as if it was bound to happen sooner or later. He placed a hand on his stomach, imagining it blowing up. He would feel movement in a couple of months. It gave him anxiety to imagine himself like a blown up balloon with pains.

He closed his eyes, hoping sleep would come soon.
~•~•~•~

"I still can't believe you're keeping it!"

Jaemin groaned at Renjun's excitement. Of course he would be excited, he had always dreamed of their kids being friends. Their kids would only be a few months apart. They could very easily become friends and even go to the same school.

"I'm not exactly keeping it if you know what I mean. I'm only birthing it." Jaemin said, drinking his orange juice.

He had woken up in a bad mood, wishing for coffee, but Renjun said caffeine was bad. He argued that when he didn't know he was pregnant, he had drank it, but Renjun scolded him even more. He had always loved coffee, there goes another thing he would have to sacrifice for a stupid thing he didn't want any part of. He clenched his fist, trying to control his emotions.

"I'm just hoping you fall in love will your baby, so you can raise it. It's not very impossible." Renjun shrugged with a smile.

"I doubt it after all the pain I'm going to feel."

"It's said that when you give birth, all the pain becomes a blur once you see your baby."

"We'll see." Jaemin sighed. He was close to snapping, but he didn't want to be mean to Renjun, he hadn't done anything wrong but support him.

"Did you tell Jeno?"

"Yeah, of course, I don't have enough money for this myself."

"Was he happy?"

"I'm not sure. He seemed relieved, but I'm not sure he's very happy about it. I'm sure he would have preferred to have had a kid the right way." Jaemin laughed bitterly.

"There is no right way, dummy. To me it seems like this happened for a reason, maybe you're meant to learn something from one another."

"I doubt I'll learn anything from him and an unplanned pregnancy." Jaemin grumbled.