24

Jaemin had spent too long at Jeno's house that in returning to his house, he could smell the house's scent.

In coming back home, but something felt off.

He saw a stack of mail by the door and had taken it to the kitchen, not bothering to really look over it. It wasn't until he was sat down to eat cereal a couple of days later that he decided to look through it. He had mail from his landlord. Jaemin ripped it open, wondering why he'd get mail from him all of a sudden. His landlord only nailed him for money, but Jeno had already paid his rent for the month.

Na Jaemin,

I know you have been a good tenant, always turning in your rent on time, but I hope you're able to understand. I've been struggling lately with the prices going up. A family friend  just offered to pay me more rent for the house, and I really need the money. I'll give you until the 27th to find a place and pack your things. It'll be my Christmas gift to you. Good luck.

My apologies :(,

Moon Taeil

Jaemin put the paper down on the table and tried not to groan in annoyance. He had almost forgot he was renting the house from someone. He'd lived there so long; he forgot the possibility of the house being taken away from him. Jaemin took a deep breath to calm himself. Things had been turning up, but of course, everything that goes up must come down and his little high had to subside.

Jaemin didn't want to be worried about this, not when he had his baby shower in a few days.

So he didn't.

Jaemin went about his days until the day of the baby shower, where he tried to dress up a little nicer. He'd be the center of attention, after all. Jaemin didn't like that, but he was starting to become more of a people pleaser. Some weird part of him wanted Jeno's family to like him. Jaemin looked in the mirror one last time before walking out.

"You look nice."

Jaemin laughed, "You too."

Jeno opened the door and they left together to his mother's house. It was pretty calm along the way. Jaemin was nervous, but something felt different this time. Jeno helped him out of the car and into the backyard where they had danced the day of the Halloween party. Now, it was winter and very cold, but there were heaters out in place and Jeno had made Jaemin wear a thick jacket. It was a fluffy white one.

Everyone turned and cheered. Jaemin wasn't surprised like most are, but he was fine with that. He smiled and waved to everyone, bowing a couple of times. Jeno's mom walked up to them, urging Jaemin over to sit down by a heater. There was only one spot, so Jaemin turned to shrug towards Jeno, sitting down with the other omegas.

"What gender do you think the baby is or do you know?" Chaeryoung asked.

"I haven't really thought about it. I'm fine with either." Jaemin laughed awkwardly.

Jaemin was asked question after question by the other omegas. One of them was holding a baby and Jaemin looked at the baby with so much fondness, which got them asking more questions. They were very kind about it, but Jaemin was starting to feel overwhelmed. He suddenly heard a whistle from the table over and turned to look and see Jeno, holding a beer. Jeno nodded his head towards the food table and Jaemin understood.

"Excuse me, I'm going to get something to eat." Jaemin walked to the food table where he was met with Jeno.

"Sorry about them; they like to know all the gossip." Jeno laughed.

"They're...nice." Jaemin smiled, filling his plate with food. Jaemin went back to his seat and so did Jeno.

Everything was pretty minimal for the party. It seems Jeno's mother knew Jaemin didn't want to be the center of attention, because most of the games didn't involve him so much, except one. It was called "Which Parent?" A sheet was passed around where the guests had to guess which parent would do what the question asked.