21

He took a weeks break to be by himself, watching movies and letting himself rest when he was in too much pain, which was becoming a little too often for his liking. His body needed an alpha soon, but he wasn't ready to call up Jeno. There was always the option of calling another alpha to help out, but Jaemin didn't have one he trusted to the level of Jeno. Jaemin called his mother from the hospital phone every other day to ask about her day. Him and her seemed to be getting closer.

Jaemin had made plans today. Donghyuck and him had decided to go out to eat together. Jaemin was nervous about it. He wasn't the type to schedule a hangout with friends, unless it was Renjun. The main reason was because he didn't really have friends. Hanging out with Donghyuck would be the invitation to friendship.

So, he was driving himself to some burger joint Donghyuck had picked. He played his own music in the car, turning the heat up as the endings of November air were getting colder. He parked as close to the front as he could, because walking was too much of a hassle now. Donghyuck said he was waiting inside, so he just walked straight inside and up to the alpha woman at the front.

"Just you?" She asked with a friendly smile.

"Uh, no, someone's waiting for me. Donghyuck?"

"Oh! I remember." She said, "Follow me."

Jaemin followed as the woman led him to a table where Donghyuck was sitting, scrolling on his phone. Jaemin sat down, giving Donghyuck a polite smile.

"Anything to drink?" She asked Jaemin, handing him a menu.

"They have lemonades." Donghyuck said. "Lemon, raspberry, strawberry."

"I'll get a strawberry lemonade." Jaemin said.

Weird huh? He was craving strawberry.

He did like the fruit, though, so he hoped it would taste nice.

"Alright, I'll be back to take your orders." The woman said.

"So," Donghyuck dragged on, "How's the baby treating you?"

"They're okay. It's a little painful honestly. I don't know." Jaemin sighed.

"Have you talked to Jeno about it?" Donghyuck raised a brow.

"Uh...no. I still haven't talked to Jeno."

"Wow, it's been weeks since the baby shower. Why haven't y'all talked? Are you mad at him or something? I don't mean to pry, but I'm pretty curious." He laughed.

"It's a a lot to explain actually..." Jaemin stopped talking as he looked Donghyuck over. Donghyuck had been there when Jaemin got pregnant. Donghyuck went to Fireflies. He had almost forgotten this fact because, frankly, he himself doesn't even remember most of the night.

"That's okay! How did you guys meet by the way?" Donghyuck questioned, taking a sip of the drink the waiter had just brought, after thanking her. Jaemin took a sip of his own and oh my goodness, how yummy!

"Um...can I be honest with you?" Jaemin said, reminding himself he had to answer.

"I'd definitely prefer the truth." Donghyuck laughed.

"We sort of met from a one night stand kind of deal. Honesty, I didn't mean to get pregnant, so there's that." Jaemin was being ridiculously honest, even if he wasn't saying the whole truth. This was a new thing for him, but then again, they say it's easier to tell strangers your secrets. This is because you're more scared to disappoint those close to you, but with a stranger it feels fresh.

"I get a feeling that you're not being completely honest." Donghyuck squinted, "I know the answer anyway."

Jaemin's frowned, but before he could ask, the waiter came back, asking for their orders. Donghyuck ordered some burger and Jaemin, having not come prepared, ordered the same thing.