15

in vi·no ve·ri·tas

Jeno had been lugged into the car by Yukhei. Jaemin chanced a glance at the boy at the same time Jeno had. He was positively drunk. His eyes were hazy and smile lazy. He was almost too relaxed against the passenger seat.

"Where are we going?" Jeno asked.

"I'm taking you home."

"Mine or yours?" Jeno frowned.

"I think we'll go to mine. It would be a hassle to drop you off up there alone." Jaemin sighed. He started the car and went on his drive. The house wasn't too far. Jeno hand been quiet the whole time, looking half asleep.

"Jaemin, your side profile is nice." Jeno said, once Jaemin had stopped the car.

Jaemin laughed. He got out and walked to the passenger side to help Jeno out. The alpha stood on his own, but he was swaying back and forth a little bit. Jaemin took his arm and held him upright as they walked to the front door. He struggled to get them inside, but he was glad he hadn't brought his macaroni tray; that would have been worse. Jaemin took a couple of breaths after propping Jeno against a wall, holding his shoulders in place. He was severely out of breath. His lungs felt constricted suddenly; he had to close his eyes and breath in. Jeno's relaxing scent was definitely helpful.

"I'm sorry." Jeno said suddenly.

"Hm? For what?" Jaemin asked.

Jeno looked really sad all of a sudden. Jaemin laughed. He was probably sorry Jaemin had to do all this.

"Everything..." He said, making smile fade into a frown. Jaemin saw Jeno glance down at his belly. Jeno raised a hand, but stopped midway, as if he was forbidden to touch it. Jaemin frowned and grabbed his hand, pressing it against his belly. "You hate me, don't you?" Jeno added.

"What?" Jaemin frowned. "I don't hate you."

"You do. That's why you smell like that sometimes." His voice was a little slurred, but Jaemin understood.

"Like what?"

Jeno got quiet and just stared at the hand that was on Jaemin's belly. He smoothed it against Jaemin, then reached to his waist, pulling him closer. Jaemin jolted forward.

"Hey! That was pretty rough." Jaemin accused. Jeno used his other hand to hold the other waist in place.

"Sorry," Jeno murmured, pulling Jaemin close enough. He buried his face in Jaemin's shoulder. "You usually smell like my patients, but you've been smelling different lately." Jaemin gulped at the sudden closeness. He wanted to push Jeno away, but he also wanted to know what he meant.

"How do your patients smell?"

"They come in smelling scared. It's like I can smell the w-weight of their suffering."

"Wow," Jaemin frowned. "The weight of their suffering?"

"Smelling Donghyuck's smell made me realize how much I love your smell." Jeno whispered, out of the blue, after sniffing Jaemin's shoulder. He backed away and smiled sweetly, leaning his head back against the wall and giggling like a high school girl.

"Weirdo, you're gross." Jaemin sighed, but his face told otherwise, as it was tinted pink. He didn't think anyone should like his scent.

"You think I'm gross? See, you hate me."

"Shut up, Jeno. I don't hate you."

"Wow." Jeno smiled again, "You called me Jeno...to my face."

Jaemin hadn't even realized. "See," Jaemin started, "I don't hate you, Jeno."