Chapter 3

Izuku couldn't say he regretted entering the contest. He had thoroughly enjoyed designing Lady Violet a new costume and it had helped awaken something inside of him. But when he got to school, he immediately realized the consequences for it.

The second Bakugo and his friends saw Izuku enter school grounds, he was doomed. The whole day involved Izuku being punched, kicked and tripped. During class he was made fun of for his looks, his quirklessness and his lack of a father. The other students were not holding back and making him pay for winning in their prefecture.

During lunch Izuku had tried very hard to hide from them, almost succeeding till he sneezed. Bakugo had heard the small sneeze come from behind the garbage bin and immediately exploded it, uncovering Izuku's spot of solitude.

When Izuku finally got home it was hard to keep the bruises and scrapes from his mother, but he simply told her they played a rough game of soccer in gym class. She believed him, at least she acted like she did, and they enjoyed supper while discussing the odds of Izuku getting the new Ingenium action figure.

"Oh, I've also been contacted by the people in charge of the contest," his mother said, picking up her dishes. "They said you get two extra tickets. One for me and one for a friend. Who would you like to invite?"

Izuku almost immediately said 'Kacchan' till a memory from earlier that day.

"I-I don't know," he said instead. Inko seemed slightly surprised at his hesitance, but did not pester him.

Who could I take? No one from my class will say yes for the right reasons...

****

Izuku was on his way home from school when he suddenly got a notification on his phone.

*You've been added to the group chat 'Future Support Leaders'*

Izuku looked at his phone confused. He had never been added to a group chat before. Opening the social media app he saw the names of some of the other members, all of them winners from the contest.

"Hello!"

"Hey!"

"Anyone else get their tickets yesterday?!?!"

"Yes! I'm so excited!"

Messages began popping up like crazy and Izuku did his best to keep up with them all. He quickly wrote in a 'Hi! :)' before continuing to walk home. Once he got home he went to his room, opening up the app and engaging in the group's conversation.

Izuku felt a warmth reach his chest at people replying to his comments and acknowledging his inputs. It was a nice change from his experiences with people at his school. A truly life changing experience.

One person in the group was especially interesting. A boy named Dai Onishi from the Ibaraki prefecture. Izuku was so captivated by the boy's responses to the conversation that he actually opened a new chat and invited him in. The boy entered the chat immediately and said a quick 'hello'.

Just like that the two boys bonded over their love for heroes. Both agreed there was no hero like All Might and Endeavor wasn't exactly favourable. They talked for the rest of the evening, only stopping for supper.

"I wish they gave us three tickets instead of two" ~Dai0379

"How come?" ~Izu2136

"I want to bring my parents and my sister, but one of them has to stay home :(" ~Dai0379

"I only need one ticket for my mom, did you want the extra?" ~Izu2136

"Are you serious :0" ~Dai0379

"Yep! I don't need it, so I'm glad to give it to you :)" ~Izu2136

Izuku smiled down at his phone. It felt good to help someone who appreciated and didn't yell at him for it. Dai seemed very excited and said his parents and sister were very thankful.

A friend...

****

The night of the Anual Hero Ranking Celebration came a lot sooner than Izuku had suspected. They were not invited to the actual ranking ceremony itself, but the celebration afterwards where the top 50 heroes all ate dinner and talked about who knows what.

Izuku was doing his very best to tie the tie that went with his dark green suit. His mother had bought it upon realising it would be a very formal event. Izuku did his best, but could not get the same result the man in the video did. After another try, he gave up, discarding the tie on his bed. His suit looked fine without it.

When he exited his room he saw his mother was in a matching green dress. She smiled upon seeing her son and gave him a quick hug. The two left the apartment and were met by a black car, waiting to escort them to the celebration.

As they drove, Izuku fought his excitement as they drew closer to the hall. When they arrived, Izuku saw many heroes, paparazzi and policemen. Nervousness replaced his excitement as he saw a kid his age being interviewed by a woman with a microphone. His mother caught what he was looking at and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, you don't have to talk to them too," his mother soothed. Izuku felt slightly better at his mothers words. They quickly got out of the car, ignoring the people who tried to shove mics in their faces and made their way into the building.

A tall woman in a black suit swiftly came to them and escorted them to their seat at a table in the large room. Izuku was ecstatic to realize they would be sitting with Dai's family among many other candidates. The two of them immediately began talking about how All Might was going to be there as their mothers talked amongst themselves as well.

The dinner was amazing, but Izuku was too distracted by the various heroes seated around him. He could see Endeavor, Ingenium, Present Mic, Eraserhead, Midnight and more just from where he was seated. It took all of his will power not to embarrass himself by asking all of them for their autograph. Though some of the candidates already seemed to be doing so.

When dinner was over, the host of Hero Watch took the stage at the front of the room.

"May I have everyone's attention," he said. The room went quiet as everyone turned to listen to him. "I'm happy to say that the time to introduce Japan's representative in the I-scientist Hero Design Contest has come. Before the winner is announced I would just like to say that every single one of the designs were extraordinary in their own way. At the end of the day, we decided on the person who went beyond what was asked."

The man paused as a small golden trophy in the shape of All Might was brought up. Next to the trophy stood.... ALL MIGHT! Izuku's breath hitched at the sight of his favourite hero.

"And the winner and representative of Japan is... Izuku Midoriya!"

Izuku sat frozen in place as Dai shook him ecstatically. Finally he was encouraged to stand and he slowly made his way to the stage. He stared at All Might in awe as he handed him the trophy and gave him an 'Excellent job, kid.'

"And now for a special surprise," Izuku turned to the announcer with a confused face, and then he saw it... or more like HER.

There she stood, in all her glory. Lady Violet was in the costume Izuku Modoriya had spent HOURS designing for her. She smiled at him and picked up something from her belt. With the push of a button, a metal pole appeared, just like Izuku had discussed in his plans.

Izuku didn't know what to do, so he cried. Tears fell from his face as he looked at what he designed come to life. Lady Violet immediately came forward and hugged him before wiping his tears away.

"You know I really am thankful, Midoriya," she said with a smile. "Not just for you designing the PERFECT costume, but for choosing to design for me. Out of all the heroes, you chose me. Thank you."

"W-well, you are an amazing hero Ms. Lady Violet." Izuku said, his face beet red.

"Do you plan on following into the support field?" Lady Violet asked as she escorted Izuku back to his table.

Izuku stopped, thinking.

"Y-yeah," he said. "I think I am."