Chapter 11

Izuku's time at Aldera Middle School finally came to an end. He didn't really care too much for the school since the teachers were awful towards him, so he wouldn't really miss it. He left the school gates with Bakugo and they made their way home. Bakugo had received his admission letter from U.A. yesterday and Izuku had been ten times more excited than Bakugo was.

"I'm the one who got in, dumbass. Calm down," was all Bakugo said as Izuku almost cried tears of joy for his friend.

"Hey Kacchan," Izuku said, breaking the silence that had fallen over the two.

"What is it, nerd?" Bakugo asked, sounding annoyed.

"W-what if I don't get into U.A.? Will we still be friends?" Izuku asked, looking over to see Bakugo was looking at him like he was being more stupid than normal.

"You're an idiot. Our parents still host annual dinners. Plus, even if you do get in we won't be hanging out as much, so it doesn't really matter. I gotta focus on the hero course and you'll have your own stuff to do." Bakugo replied. They continued on their way, Izuku considering what he had just said.

"A-are you saying that even if we both make it in... we won't be as close as friends?" Izuku asked hesitantly.

"Listen, Deku," Bakugo started. "We'll still be friends, but we're not gonna be hanging out with each other during lunch or at school. That's all. We're still... friends just not at school."

"Why not at school, Kacchan?" Izuku asked, slightly afraid of the answer. "I-is it b-because I'm quirkless?" The question came as a surprise to Bakugo and he turned to his friend.

"No! You damn nerd! I'll just be busy training you idiot!" Bakugo yelled. "You'll have friends from the support course, stop your worrying."

Izuku followed Bakugo's orders and dropped the subject. They parted ways and Izuku continued on his way home. When he arrived, he quickly changed his shoes and entered the apartment to so his mother on the couch staring at the coffee table.

"Mom?" Izuku called, getting his mother's attention. She turned and gave him a scared, but excited look.

"A letter came," his mother said. "It's for you from U.A."

Izuku froze in his spot and looked over at the coffee table to see a white envelope. He slowly made his way over and sat next to his mother, staring at the envelope. The two sat there silently, both slightly afraid.

"W-well," his mother finally said. "The letter is for you, so you better open it." Izuku gulped as he reached out to pick up the envelope. He hesitated like it might attack him if he moved too quickly.

He picked it up and brought it closer to his chest. He quickly looked over at his mother for one more encouraging look before opening the envelope. He dropped the contents onto the coffee table to see a small circular device. Izuku was about to pick up the device when a screen suddenly shot out and Power Loader was displayed.

"Hello Izuku Midoriya," Power Loader said. "I hope this letter finds you well. First, I'd like to just say that you did extremely well in the written entrance exam. You had the second best overall mark in all of the Support course applicants. We are used to said applicants doing well in the science and math portions of the exam, but you exceed expectations in all categories. Well done."

Izuku watched the display like a hawk as Power Loader continued to speak. Suddenly a screen behind him lit up and video footage of his prototype demonstration played. Inko gasped as she watched Bakugo explode the car and gave her son a small glare.

"As for your support gear prototype, Grenadier Bracers," Power Loader continued. "The whole group of teachers, including myself and Principal Nedzu, were impressed at the power of the weapons. Not only were they able to contain the blast in a certain direction, but they didn't take any damage from it as well. The fact that it was specifically made for someone was an added bonus in my book, since it is the job of support scientists and support engineers to customize items for their clients' needs."