Chapter 30

The three days of rest after the Sports Festival gave Izuku the chance to further his thoughts on Shinso's quirk and what support items would help him the most. Sadly, he felt he needed more information on the activation requirements for his quirk.

Speech can activate it. Can laughter? Grumbles? What if someone whispered and he couldn't hear it? Would he still be able to activate it?

Izuku's questions furthered into what Shinso can make people do.

Can he make them answer any questions he asks? Can he make them do a backflip when they weren't capable of it before? How long can he keep people in his control?

By the time Izuku arrived at school, he had already decided to ask Shinso these questions directly while showing him some of his support ideas. He made his way to class 1-C quickly after dropping his bag off in his own classroom. Luckily, one of Shinso's classmates was at the door when he arrived and called said boy over for him.

"What do you want?" Shinso asked as the two stood outside the classroom.

"Well, I've been brainstorming for the past few days on what support items could help you." Izuku said as he opened his notebook and passed it to Shinso. "I have a few questions about your quirk as well. I was hoping you could go over the items with me and maybe we can test some of my questions?"

"This... It's... Listen, I'm not even in the hero course. Shouldn't you be focusing on them before you do all this for me?" Shinso asked as he looked over the pages with a mixture of shock and excitement on his face.

"Yet," Izuku added with a smile. "After your performance, I doubt they haven't noticed you. Plus, there's been an open slot in 1-A since the first day of school. K-Bakugo said a recommendation student turned U.A. down or something."

"Why would anyone turn down U.A.?"

"Not even we know the answer." Shinso and Izuku turned in slight shock at the new voice. Mr. Aizawa approached the two, his yellow sleeping bag in hand. "I'm glad I found you both at the same time. It makes things easier for me now that I don't have to say the same thing twice."

"Sir?" Izuku asked, confused.

"Eraserhead..." Shinso murmured quietly next to him. Izuku looked between the two.

Ohhhhh. Mr. Aizawa has a quirk that doesn't help with combat like Shinso! He must look up to him!

"Training starts today after school. I expect both of you to meet me at Gym Gamma 20 minutes after the final bell. Wear your gym uniforms and don't be late." Aizawa said before turning around, leaving the two boys with many unanswered questions.

"T-training?" Izuku asked, turning to Shinso who shrugged.

"I guess we'll find out later." Shinso said before handing Izuku his notebook and entering his classroom. Izuku left for his own classroom, murmuring possibilities as students gave him weird looks as he passed. The classroom was loud when he entered and he saw Mr. Higari motion for him to join him at his desk. Izuku hesitated before approaching him.

"Has Aizawa found you yet?" Mr. Higari asked. He was sorting through some papers on his desk, seeming to be looking for one specifically.

"Yeah, he just mentioned training after school? I'm a little confused..." Izuku was watching his teacher, becoming even more confused.

"Yes, self defence classes. It's part of your new schedule. Ah! Here it is." Mr. Higari pulled out a piece of paper from the pile and handed it over to Izuku.

Home Room 8:25 - 8:35

Math 8:40 - 9:30