Chapter 35

Once lunch was over Mei joined Izuku and Genji-san on their work. Izuku was slightly embarrassed when she squealed about how excited she was to make 'babies' with them. The poor engineer had a harsh blush before backing away in fright. His response to Izuku explaining that she meant 'babies' as inventions was a relieved: "Thank god, I don't want to catch a case."

Once that was settled they were hard at work, Izuku beginning the testing process on the soles while Mei started the voice modifier. Genji would take breaks on his work with the scarf to check up on the two of them (probably since he got a warning note from Higari-senpai about Mei's tendency to explode her projects.) By the end of the day, all of them were satisfied with the amount of work they'd accomplished.

Izuku was slightly disappointed he didn't get a visit from Gran Torino or Nezu, but he didn't let it bother him. It allowed him to finish more than he planned to, and that made him happy.

The next day, Izuku was excited to see Nezu already waiting for him with Genji-san in the lab.. By the looks of it, Genji was explaining the baseline of the capture weapon to Nezu. Izuku hurried to put on his overalls so that he could join the conversation.

"Really, the metal alloy doesn't do all that much but to keep the fabric strong. To cut something like this you need a custom made knife. Shouta has one and I'll be making another with Midoriya tomorrow." Genji-san continued as Nezu played with what he had so far of the scarf.

"What are we making the knife out of?" Izuku asked excitedly. Genji jumped slightly and turned to him with a small smile.

"You're a stealthy one aren't you? And you'll see tomorrow. It's a surprise." Izuku's excitement didn't waver as he got to work. After a few quick tests and some adjustments to the soles, Izuku brought out a pair of combat boots he got Higari-senpai to buy for him. Finding out Shinso's shoe size was easier than he expected since he only had to discreetly check Shinso's running shoes before they left one of their sessions with Aizawa.

The boots were plain black, but Izuku planned on using some spray paint on them after the testing stage. Izuku quickly got to work taking out the soles of the shoes, careful not to cause too much damage. Nezu stayed nearby drinking a cup of tea and waited till Izuku got the soles out to start asking questions.

"What do you have there?" Nezu asked as he approached him. Izuku couldn't hide his smile as he got out the sketch he and Mei put together and gave it to him.

"This is something Mei and I designed together. I think we decided to call them 'Mobility Boots'. They are a mixture of my 'Anti-gravity shoes' and Mei's 'Electromagnetic soles'. We're hoping it will help Shinso as an underground hero since he'll be doing lots of parkour." Izuku stated excitedly as he went to grab some pieces of metal from one of the trunks.

"And I see you're also planning on adding steel toes. Oh! And you're adding some to the heel as well?" Izuku nodded as he got the four pieces of metal he had cut last week.

"That way his kicks won't need to be as strong to make a big impact on his opponents." Izuku brought the pieces over and Nezu picked one up to inspect. Izuku took the first shoe, two pieces of metal and some fabric over to the sewing machine. He knew his work wouldn't be the best, but if he let Mei do the sewing he would probably end up with a best friend with a piece of cloth sewn to her finger.

It only took Izuku till lunch to have the shoes finished. The sewing wasn't pretty, but it was all on the inside and it did it's job in keeping everything together. Now Izuku was just trying to figure out who could test them. He would test them himself, but he wanted someone who's never used similar shoes tell him how they felt.

"Easy there kid, if you keep thinking so hard you might pop a brain cell or two." Genji laughed. Izuku smiled up at him and relaxed his expression as the engineer sat next to him. "What's up?"