Chapter 27

This is the best set up we have to offer. Izuku said to himself as he and his team got ready at the side of the field. Izuku would be the rider with Tetsutetsu at his front as a shield for any incoming attacks. Shiozaki was to Izuku's right and Awase to his left. Izuku had given Awase a few of his gadgets that he didn't feel too attached to and told him to use them if he wanted as a welding piece.

Izuku placed the 'Augmentation goggles' over his eyes as Midnight told the teams to get ready. Their team's strategy was simple. Observe and then attack, don't go overboard and don't go for the ten million. All they needed to do was keep the points they had and maybe get a few from the smaller teams.

"Man, I'm starting to get nervous..." Tetsutetsu muttered.

"Nerves and anxiety in the stomach is the engine roar before it soars." Shiozaki stated calmly. Izuku looked over to her to see she had her eyes closed.

"Oi, Tetsutetsu, Shiozaki, Awase." Izuku looked over to see the blonde from 1-B was the rider for the team beside him. He seemed to be completely ignoring Izuku's presence as he continued. "No hard feelings, right?"

"Bring it, Monoma!" Tetsutetsu answered.

So that's his name...

"Now let's get ready!!!" Izuku turned back towards the center and looked around the field.

Shoji is hiding someone in his arms....

"Three!"

That Shinso guy teamed up with Ayoama, Ojiro and a guy from 1-B...

"Two!"

Kacchan and Todoroki's teams are definitely gonna have a brawl.

"One! Begin!!!" Present Mic screamed. Izuku's team made their way around the field, circling everyone in the middle. Leaning forward, Izuku began to relay information.

"Shoji, the 1-A student with multiple arms, is hiding at least one person in his arms who probably has the headband." Izuku muttered quietly. He knew it was loud enough for his teammates, but quiet enough that no one else could hear. "Shiozaki, if we get close can you send in a strand of hair to steal it without them knowing?"

"I will do my very best to assist the team." Shiozaki answered. Izuku nodded before continuing.

"Shinso, the general-ed student with purple hair, his team seems to be doing what we're doing, but his teammates... something isn't right there. We should avoid them at all costs."

"Yessir!" Tetsutetsu answered seriously.

"Anything else?" Awase asked. Izuku looked around and then noticed his goggles give off a signal.

"Incoming from the left!" Izuku turned to see a blonde girl with a green haired boy on her back approaching. She seemed to falter when she realized we saw them.

"That's Kamakiri and Pony." Shizaki offered. "Kamakiri can produce large blades from anywhere on his body. Pony can shoot her horns off her head like projectiles. Last class she mentioned she can control up to four of them at a time." Izuku nodded, soaking up the information.

"Kamakiri is a bad match for Awase since he can use his blades to weld. Let's keep them on our left, or to our front. Shiozaki, if you get the chance to sneak your hair in there, do it." Right then, a blade was produced and shot forward. Tetsutetsu hardened and got the blade easily before handing it to Awase.

They had no time to think before two horns were shot out. Izuku reached into his utility belt to retrieve his 'Shock Pole' as Shiozaki captured the horns with her hair. Izuku waited for another attack before letting off one of his own. He quickly activated the sparks on his pole before throwing it at the competition. Kamakiri caught it and was shocked, dropping it onto the floor and holding his hand in pain.