Chapter 7

Izuku's relationship with his classmates were more or less the same from elementary school. The only difference was that his daily beatings turned into weekly ones and it was always caused by him making a mistake. He would offer help to someone when it was unwanted or bump into someone after being shoved and it would result in Bakugo and his friends giving him a lesson.

Izuku was beginning to learn from the lessons and started only offering help when it was asked, not just when it was needed. He also became better at dodging people while he was falling, leaning his weight in the opposite direction and hoping no impact came.

While his relationship with his peers stayed the same, his relationship with his homeroom teacher seemed to be much worse than from elementary school. This teacher was much more vocal for his dislike of Izuku and made sure to dock marks for the smallest things on any of his homework. Izuku did his best to ignore it and kept it secret from his mother. He didn't want her to be upset.

His relationship with his general science teacher however, was exceptional. Izuku had found out his teacher was actually a part time support engineer as well as a science teacher. Izuku had asked him various questions about the work he has done and who he's done it for. A bond had fallen over the two and he found out his teacher worked at a company in Shizuoka prefecture.

"So you're taking the course so you can get ahead of the game?" -Mr. Murata

"Yes sir, I want to learn about the basics before I begin exploring my own ideas." -I. Midoriya

"Well, if you'd like I could get you an internship at my company. My boss has been looking for middle school students to help clean the labs and do coffee runs. You would also get the chance to possibly help with some of the work." -Mr. Murata

"Really? You would do that for me?" -I. Midoriya

"Of course, you are my brightest student this year and you definitely show passion from what I've seen. I'll contact you parents with the details." -Mr. Murata

Izuku was excited to find out his mother approved the idea of him interning at his teachers company.

"I would rather you build experience in a safe environment with adult supervision then you experimenting in your room," was her reason for agreeing.

It only took a week for all the paperwork to be filled out and for Izuku to finally begin his internship at Masuda & Co. He would be there after school on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday every week, the same time his teacher would be. Mr. Murata even said he would give Izuku extra lessons if they had time for them at work.

Today was Izuku's first shift and he was making his way there from school when he was stopped.

"Where the hell are you going Deku?!?!" Bakugo yelled from behind him. Izuku turned to see it was just Bakugo this time and his friends were nowhere in sight.

"Uh, n-nowhere, K-Kacchan," Izuku responded, trying to continue on his way.

"Don't walk away from me!" Bakugo yelled before grabbing Izuku's arm. "This isn't the way to your house, Deku! Stop messing around and tell me where you're going!"

"I-I got an internship! I start work today..." Izuku blurted. He had not planned on telling anyone since he didn't want any unwanted attention from his peers. Bakugo let go of his arm and walked away angrily, leaving Izuku on the sidewalk.

Izuku continued on his way, trying to swallow his fear of what may happen at school the next day. When he arrived at the company building he was greeted by a kind woman at the front desk who gave him a tour of the first two floors that Izuku had clearance on. Izuku wandered the halls with the woman in awe. She showed him the different labs, introduced him to the workers in their offices and dropped him off in the break room where Mr. Murata would be soon to pick him up.