Chapter 25

Izuku made it into the classroom just before the bell rang. He let out a large sigh of relief and sat down in his seat next to Mei. When she saw the look on Izuku's face, Mei let out a small giggle which Izuku returned with a poor attempt of a glare.

"Alright class!" Mr. Higari said as he stood from his desk. "For the rest of our time up until the Sports Festival, your only classes will be Engineering and Homeroom. We want you to have as many of your own gadgets to use during the festival as possible so use your time properly!"

Izuku's face broke out into an excited grin. Looking over to Mei, she had an even brighter one on her face. She slightly leaned towards Izuku when he got her eye.

"We'll be able to finish the goggles by this afternoon." Mei whispered, her hand blocking her mouth from Mr. Higari's view. Izuku knew the man could tell she was talking, but there were others doing the same all around the classroom, so he didn't say anything.

"Alright! Get packed up and meet in the lab!" Mr. Higari said as he left the classroom. Izuku waited for Mei to repack all her items and the two left, following behind their classmates. As they exited the classroom, Izuku noticed Nedzu standing off to the side. When the two made eye contact, the mammal motioned Izuku forward.

"Is everything okay?" Izuku asked nervously.

I hope he didn't see me running to class...

"I just wanted to let you know that I have gathered enough teachers for your new timetable!" Nedzu said excitedly. "To give the teachers enough time to plan out the courses, we'll leave it to start after the Sports Festival. That way you'll also have lots of time to prepare."

"Th-that's amazing!" Izuku said excitedly.

"New timetable?" Mei asked sadly from beside Izuku.

"Oh! Young Midoriya has had a small change in long term goals, so he'll be taking a few extra courses." Nedzu explained. Izuku looked over at Mei guiltily. "Not to worry! He'll still be in about half of your classes. Have a wonderful day!" Nedzu walked away at that. Izuku was about to speak but was silenced as Mei smacked his arm.

"Ow!"

"You didn't tell me!" Mei yelled, sounding both angry but... happy?

"I was going to tell you this morning, but I was late!" Izuku replied, blocking another one of Mei's jab's. "Would you stop hitting me!"

"You two are going to be late," Mr. Higari said loudly from behind them. Izuku and Mei both jumped before turning to face their teacher. "I'm also a little sad to hear you'll be taking extra courses, Midoriya. Usually I have students like you two skip the unnecessary classes and spend your time in the lab with me. But I guess I'll just have to be happy I still have Hatsume! And I will of course steal you from time to time."

"You mean I get to work on my babies even more often?!?" Mei asked excitedly. Mr. Higari chuckled as he began to lead the two to the lab.

"After the Sports Festival, if you keep your grades up, you two can both spend more time with me in the lab." Mr. Higari answered. "I'll have you help me do repairs on some of the hero course students' costumes and work on your own projects."

Mei squealed in excitement next to Izuku. The two quickly made their way to their bench to finish the last adjustments on the goggles. The two worked well together as they both seemed to know what the other needed right before they could ask. Takahashi had told the two multiple times that it was scary to watch them, but they had both shrugged it off.

Mei was right and by the end of the day they had completed and tested out the goggles. Izuku was impressed at how well they fitted his head, even though he was the one who used the measurements Mei took to design it. He didn't like the testing part, though. Abiko and Mei were a little too excited to throw things at Izuku from all directions. He quickly had to explain that they needed to remember that the goggles did not assist in his coordination and that he was not able to catch three things at once, especially when they all came from different directions.