Chapter 26

"I just want to say... I'm gonna win."

Oh my god, he actually did it.

Izuku stared at his friend in shock as the crowd booed and the other students yelled out in anger. Bakugo had a proud smirk on his face that Izuku tried to smack away as the general education representative stood up on the stage.

"I can't believe you actually did that!" Izuku whisper-yelled.

"I said I would, didn't I?" Bakugo responded with a smirk. Izuku's hand slapped onto his own face as he turned to listen to the general-ed student.

"U.A. is a lot more than cocky people who think they are better than the rest. Hero course students should realize by now that just because they got in, doesn't mean they'll stay. Just wait and see." The purple haired boy stepped down from the stage as there was a mix of boos and cheer from the crowd.

Is no one going to encourage people to do their best? Is that not what we're supposed to be doing????

Izuku watched as the female student from the business course got up for her speech, silently praying she wouldn't declare war as well.

"As the representative of the business course, I would just like to say that we do not plan on winning."

Guess not...

"But I do know for a fact that the winner will most likely be the hero course student with the most talent and a respectful attitude." The girl glared in Bakugo's direction as she said the last part and Izuku had to hold back his friend from attacking.

"Your turn, Midoriya." Midnight whispered. Izuku made his way onto the stage and looked down at the group of teenagers.

Well, since no one else was being nice...

"U.A. has been around since heroes first came to the field a long time ago." Izuku started. Silence fell all around the stadium as the crowd waited, probably expecting him to declare war like the rest. "And since then, it has been known to nurture the best heroes, business majors and support engineers the world has ever seen. With the recent attack on our school, our generation has already proved that we are not an exception."

The crowd roared in agreement and Izuku waited for it to settle a little, blushing like crazy, before continuing.

"This year, from the general education course to the hero course, we plan on showing the world what we have to offer."

Don't puke. Don't puke. Don't puke.

"So, my fellow students. Let's start this festival off with a bang and Go Beyond-!"

"PLUS ULTRA!!!" The crowd screamed. Izuku grinned at the response and exited the stage where the other three were looking at him with respect.

"Way to get the crowd on your side, Deku."

"Pretty easy to do after following you." Bakugo snorted in response as the four joined the rest of the first years in front of the stage. Izuku quickly caught sight of Mei and joined her and the rest of 1-H while Kirishima pulled Bakugo towards 1-A.

Izuku listened intently as Midnight explained that the first event would be an obstacle course. As they were sent to the large doors at the side of the arena, Izuku looked at all the students and then the doors and made a quick observation.

Not all of us can make it through that door at the same time.

Izuku slowly made his way near the rear of the crowd. He noticed all the business course students around him who looked bored. Shaking his head, Izuku got in a ready position as Present Mic began the countdown.