Chapter 36

It didn't take long until Izuku saw the familiar detective round the corner. He immediately stood and made his way over to the detective who welcomed him with a kind smile.

"Hello there, Midoriya." Tsukauchi greeted him. "I'm sure Nedzu already told you, but this is my first time having an intern, so please forgive me if I'm not a good teacher."

"I'm sure you'll do great, sir!" Izuku said excitedly. Tsukauchi smiled even brighter, his hands out in front of him waving shyly.

"None of this 'sir' stuff. You're making me feel old. Tsukauchi will work just fine." he said before leading Izuku to his car. "I must warn you, I take on a lot of cases that I can't share with you. So this week may not be as exciting as you thought it would be."

"Nedzu already warned me, si- Tsukauchi-san. I'm still excited. I've been told you deal with a lot of cold cases, do you think it would be possible for us to look at one if I do well throughout the first half of the week?" Izuku knew the odds were low, but Nedzu said it wouldn't hurt to ask. Especially if he used the Midororiya-effect.

When Tsukauchi looked over and made eye contact with Izuku, he knew he made the right decision. Tsukauchi seemed hesitant and looked forward as he thought things through.

"You don't have to answer me now, Tsukauchi-san." Izuku said as they continued their walk into the parking lot. "I know it's a big decision and that you might feel hesitant for my safety. That's why I thought a cold-case would be safer, you know?"

"Yes, looking at a cold-case would be safer. I'm just not sure I have one that would be at your level." Tsukauchi said as he unlocked his car. It was plain and black and everything Izuku expected from the man. "But I'm sure Nedzu chose you for your fast mind, so maybe we can give it a shot."

Izuku smiled brightly at the detective before jumping into the car, even more excited for the week. Pulling out his phone he saw Mei had texted him that she safely arrived at her internship. He quickly sent a response saying he was with the detective before turning off his phone. His mother always told him that when you travel with someone you give them a chance at a conversation before you go on your phone.

"So, what has Gran taught you so far?" Tsukauchi asked as he drove them in the direction of the precinct.

"We started with what to do when you arrive at a scene. Recovery Girl taught me some first aid and Gran gave me a couple lessons on how to help someone who is having a panic attack." Izuku said proudly. "Gran has also taught me the basic steps when searching a crime scene and proper procedures. He's also given me a few fake cases to solve as homework." Izuku turned to the detective, an excited smile on his face. "Those are my favourite. Reading through what seems like random information and then pinpointing what's important and what can be looked at later."

Tsukauchi chuckled, a smile on his face as he listened to Izuku. Izuku began to worry that he was speaking too much, but the look in Tsukauchi's eye told him he was interested, so he continued on, talking about the last homework case Gran had given to him.

"Here we are, kid. Let's head in." Izuku quickly grabbed his yellow backpack and entered the back door behind Tsukauchi. Many of the officers they passed were busy working on paperwork or interviewing people, but the odd person would send Izuku an encouraging smile before continuing their work.

Tsukauchi led Izuku to the back corner of the precinct where there was a line of rooms Izuku expected were offices. Opening the first door, Tsukauchi entered first, Izuku following.

"Hello Asahi-san, I hope we're not intruding. I thought I would introduce Midoriya to you first." Izuku looked past Tsukauchi to see he was talking to a pretty woman who was seated at a messy desk. The woman had round glasses and messy brown hair with pens and pencils sticking out of it. She sent Izuku a kind smile and got up, immediately welcoming him.