Chapter 17

"Wow Mido-bro! That device was really neat!" Kirishima said as the group made their way to the central plaza for lunch.

"Thanks Kirishima, I'm glad you liked it," Izuku said as he sat on the side of the fountain with Mei. He smiled at Uraraka who took the seat next to him, a small blush creeping up on his face. "M-Mr. Aizawa said that we could do some training after lunch with the 'Director Jets'. That's if you want to of course!"

"I'd love to! There should be plenty of energy stored in the boots by now," Uraraka said with a smile. Izuku nodded and opened the bento his mother packed for him. Izuku ate quietly as he listened in on some of the others' conversations. Most seemed to be discussing the events of the mornings training, but Kaminari and Iida got into a heated discussion about whether it was okay to drink the water in the fountain or not.

"It's water! You're supposed to drink it!" Kaminari yelled as he approached the fountain.

"The ocean is made of water, a puddle on the ground is water, but you don't drink those!" Iida said pointedly.

"What's wrong with ocean water?" Kaminari asked and everyone turned to look at him in either shock or disgust, for Izuku it was both.

"Please tell me you do not drink water directly from the ocean," Yaoyarozu said as she held her head. She looked pained at the thought.

"Oh come on guys. It may taste a little funny, and sometimes you might get a tummy ache... but it's not that bad!" Kaminari said defensively. Izuku shook his head as he continued to listen as Yaoyarozu and Iida both began telling him the dangers of drinking salt water and the dangers of drinking water that hasn't been properly cleaned.

"Deku," Izuku turned to see Bakugo approaching. "Did Aunt Inko send any macaroons?" Izuku nodded and handed one over. Bakugo nodded and went back to his spot, far away from the group.

"Deku?" Uraraka asked curiously.

"Oh, it's a nickname Kacchan gave me when we were kids." Izuku blushed as he explained. Uraraka seemed to think for a second before nodding.

"It kind of sounds like 'You can do it', it's kinda cute," she said with a smile. "Can I call you Deku?"

"S-sure," Izuku said, his whole face turning a bright red.

She said it's cute.

Izuku stood and walked towards the teachers who were on the other side of the fountain. Stopping a little ways away, he waited for them to notice him and Thirteen beckoned him forward.

"Sorry, thought I'd ask if you wanted me to start getting any equipment out," Izuku said as he approached the two heroes.

"That's very thoughtful of you, Midoriya," Thirteen said. "We'll be going to the Conflagration zone next, if you don't mind." Izuku smiled and nodded before he walked towards the storage room.

"Wait up, Izu-kun!" Mei yelled as she rushed to catch up. Izuku stopped and waited for her before continuing. "What are we getting now?"

"The rescue equipment for the Conflagration zone," Izuku said as they entered the room. "This one should be interesting. Poor Asui has a big disadvantage though."

"Hm, that's true," Mei said as they looked around the room. "Who do you think has the biggest advantage."

"Hard to say," Izuku said as he picked up a ripped rope. "No one in the class has a water quirk. Todoroki's ice is the closest to one but it would just melt before he could do anything."

"Found the conflagration section!" Mei said. Izuku walked in her direction but faltered when he saw the shelves.

"There's barely anything here..." Izuku said as picked up the lone fire resistance suit. He quickly picked up the booklet to check the stock numbers. "There should be 25 suits, but there's only one."