Chapter 22

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Izuku gasped as he sat up before slamming his All Might alarm clock. He smiled as he realized he only woke up once during the night from a bad dream. It was a huge improvement and he knew his conversation with Hound Dog was the reason for it.

Getting out of bed, Izuku felt more energized and decided to go for a run while he had time. Putting on a pair of blue shorts and a black t-shirt that said 'Bottle', Izuku left his room and made his way to the door.

"O-oh! Going for a run sweetie?" his mother asked as she left her room.

"Yeah, I got a little more sleep last night and I want to use some of that energy." Izuku said as he tied on his shoes. He quickly began to do a few stretches and watched his mother make her way to the kitchen.

"I'll have an extra big breakfast ready for you when you get back!" she said excitedly. Izuku smiled appreciatively at his mother before leaving the apartment.

It was still dark out but the air was still warm. Izuku made his way through his neighbourhood. Running past the old playground, his elementary school, his middle school and then finally making his way down the shore line. The sun was beginning to climb up the water and Izuku stopped to enjoy the view.

Down the street he could see some people opening up their shops and he decided it was about time he headed back. He quickly made it home and was happy to see his mother making the last finishes on breakfast.

"Go take a shower, hun. It'll be here when you get back." Izuku grumbled about having to wait to eat but quickly made his way to the bathroom. After showering and changing into his uniform, Izuku quickly sat down at the table, thanked his mother for the food and dug in.

"Izuku! Slow down!" Inko scolded him. Izuku stopped chewing and looked at her guiltily.

"Sorry," he said as after he swallowed. "It's just really good." His mother blushed at the compliment and swatted at him.

"That doesn't mean you have to eat it whole!" she continued as she brought her empty plate to the kitchen. Izuku chuckled before finishing his breakfast. He quickly helped his mother clean up before rushing back to his bedroom and looking at the time.

30 minutes. I have 30 minutes to find it.

Izuku quickly got to work and began searching through his old notebooks. After going through four of his notebooks, he finally found the one he was looking for and put it in his school bag. Checking the time, he still had ten minutes to spare.

Guess I'll go even earlier than planned.

"Mom! I'm going!" Izuku called as he rushed to the door.

"Okay! Have a good day at school!" Inko called. She excited her bedroom in her own work clothes. "And don't forget to invite Hatsume over this weekend!"

"I won't!" Izuku said before leaving the apartment. After he had spent that day at Mei-chan's, his mother insisted she got to meet her and return the invitation. Izuku was both excited and scared out of his mind for the two to meet.

The trip to U.A. felt shorter than usual, but Izuku blamed his busy mind for that. He was happy to see the press hadn't showed up yet, but he wasn't surprised since school wouldn't start for another hour. He made his way to the library and smiled at Idiom. Idiom wasn't a popular hero, but she was a smart one. She was very willing to help Izuku and Mei find a book on thermodynamics and statistical mechanics yesterday. She had even taken the time to explain some of the material to them.

"Hello Midoriya," she said from her desk. "Need another book to help you on your little project?"

"No, I was actually wondering if I could use the photocopier?" Izuku asked politely.