Chapter 26

Chapter 26
Singapore

"Xylia! Xylia!"

Mom called Xylia and tried to run after her when she turned her back away from the crowd... away from my family... and away from me. Daddy stopped her and told her to let Xylia be alone to think.

Tears naturally flowed from my eyes down to my cheeks while staring at the path she took to run away from me as fast as she can. It hurts so much because the person I wanted to stay the most, only wanted to leave.

It was a no.

Her answer was no.

All I thought was that we were okay, but it was exactly the opposite. I was wrong because she didn't want to start a new. She clearly didn't want me in her life. That was why she ran away... again.

"Daddy..."

Naramdaman ko ang biglang pagyakap sa akin ng aking anak. Tila parang tinutusok ang puso ko sa bawat paghikbi niyang naririnig ko.

Alam kong nasaskatan din siya nang dahil sa sitwasyon namin ng mommy niya pero wala akong magagawa. Na kay Xylia pa rin ang huling desisyon. Kung ayaw niya na talaga, wala na akong magagawa. Ayaw ko ring pilitin siya at gamitin an gaming anak para manatili siya.

Nagsumikap akong ngumiti saka hinarap ang anak kong ngayo'y basang-basa na rin ang pisngi.

"Shh... Don't cry..." I comforted him while I wiped his tears away.

"Pero daddy, umiiyak ka rin po... Umalis din po si mommy." Hindi siya tumigil sa pag-iyak.

My son was able to fill the hole in my heart that his mom had done to it when she left, but it can't be sealed to tell that my heart was properly healed and replenished. Only Xylia can put a seal on it and stop it from bleeding.

"Bray, in life, there will always be a time when we need to experience breaking down in order to be strong," I told him. "You'll learn to understand it once you're already grown up. When you already know how to love and the meaning of love..."

When Brayden finally calmed down, I told my family that I will bring him home to his mom. I know Xylia needs him right now. She needs our son.

"Daddy, can you sleep at home?" Brayden hopefully asked me when I already halted the car in front of their house.

I just exhaled and didn't answer his question. As much as I wanted to, it wasn't a good idea to do it.

"I will tell mommy, daddy," he added like it will make me do as he please. "Mommy will agree."

I unbuckled his seat belt and stared at him with a smile on my face.

"Listen, Bray..." panimula ko. "May mga bagay na hindi dapat natin pinipilit pa. Ayokong abusuhin ang kung ano mang mayroon ako ngayon. Alam kong mahirap pa para sa'yo ang intindihin ang mga bagay na 'to pero sana maintindihan mong hindi pwede. Hindi pa pwede, anak."

His shoulders dropped at my answer when he realized that my answer was no. But then, he smiled at me like he just thought of something better.

"Then... I will sleep in your house, daddy!" he told me, showing how excited he was with his idea.

I appreciated how my son's doing everything he can just to spend some time with me, but I'm afraid that we cannot do that.

"You can't, Bray..."

"But, daddy..." he whined.

I wanted to spoil him so much, but her mother will hate me more I'll be taking him away from her tonight.