Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Cellphone

"Mr. Stewart, the employee as the new Assistant Head of the Marketing Department will be arriving today for the final screening before she starts working tomorrow." bungad sa'kin ng HR nang ipinatawag ko siya upang ibigay sa'kin ang files ng mga heads and assistance heads ng bawat department.

I want to familiarize myself with my employees, especially these heads and assistant heads that run every department.

"Where are her files?" I asked him.

"Here, Sir." he said and placed a sliding folder on the top of my table.

I glanced to take a look at new employee and her name was clearly written on the top left part of her curriculum vitae. 'Xylia Coleen F. Saavedra', 'yan ang nakalagay. While on the top right part, my eyebrows raised when I saw an attached two by two picture of her.

I bit my lower lip to keep myself from smiling while staring at her formal and decent photo.

She looks like a very good girl here.

"Cinderella..." I absentlyminded blurted out as I was just staring at her photo.

"Uhm... Pardon, Sir?" the HR suddenly interrupted me from my thoughts as he was somehow confused. "Xylia po ang pangalan niya, hindi Cinderella."

Ngumisi na lamang ako at saka nag-angat ng tingin sa kaniya. "I know." sabi ko nalang.

I can't believe that out of all companies that she can work at, she chose to work here. And I believe that it's not just because of the dare. She really applied here even before meeting me at the club.

"I will lead her to the Head of the Marketing Department for the final—"

"No." pagputol ko sa kaniya. "I want to talk to her first." sabi ko. "I'll do the final screening. I will do that for every newly hired heads and assitant heads. Please take note of that."

"I will, Sir." sabi naman niya. "Then I'll send her here immediately. As soon as she arrives." dagdag niya bago umalis ng aking opisina.

I kept myself busy, trying to stop my mind from wandering unnecessary things that's making me lose my focus while working.

I thought I've managed to give my full attention to these files in front of me, but when the intercom dinged, I almost fell out of my chair.

She's already here!

"Sir—" I heard my secretary's voice, and I stopped her right away.

"Send her in." Walang gana kong sabi at saka pinatay ang intercom.

I quietly cleared my throat and sat properly at my swivel chair, while holding a certain file—just for a show that I am reading something.

"Damn, man!" rinig kong singhal ng isang lalaki na ikinagulat kong kakapasok pa lanang sa aking opisina.

Napakunot naman ang noo ko nang makitang si Kiel ang pumasok.

"Since when did I become a girl for me to be addressed as 'her'?" reklamo niya at napailing na lamang ako saka nagseryoso nang tumingin sa mga papel na nakakalat sa aking lamesa.

"Knock off, Kiel." sabi ko nalang.

"Wag naman ganiyan, Brendt." he said like he's being hurt. "Ayokong may iba kang ineexpect maliban sa'kin."