Chapter 29

Chapter 29
Responsibility

"Sana siya na 'yon..."

Kagat-kagat ni Deia ang kanyang ibabang labi habang magkalapat ang kanyang dalawang kamay sa sobrang kaba at pag-asa na sana'y mahanap na naming ang ama ng kanyang anak.

"Tyran Fernandez..." I stated the full name of Tyran that we were gonna meet.

My supposed three days stay here in Singapore was extended for three more days just to find Dylan's father. It was not that easy to find his father since the only thing we had was his first name. If only we had his last name as well, it would be easy. Baka wala pang isang araw ay mahanap na naming siya.

Tyran Fernandez was the fifth Filipino we found living in Singapore whose name was Tyran. It was actually hard to set up an appointment with him because he was a businessman. It's actually a good thing that I have my own business as well.

Trinidad, Cochico, Rivera and David.

Iyan na ang iba't ibang apilyido ng Tyran na nakilala namin pero ni isa sa kanila ay hindi siya ang ama ni Dylan. I just hoped that this Tyran Fernandez was the one we were looking for.

Nagtatampo na sa akin si Brayden dahil kinailangan ko pang manatili rito nang mas matagal kaysa sa aking ipinangako sa kanya. I did my best to bribe him with gifts that I promised to give him. One day, I'd make him realize why I needed to do this. Para kanya 'tong ginagawa ko.

Nilingon ko naman si Deia na pinanghihinaan na ng loob. She was on the verge of giving up already. Alam kong ang anak niya lang ang tanging nagpapalakas sa kanya ngayon. I can see that she really wanted Dylan to have a complete family. To be honest, I know how she's feeling right now. I also wanted my son to have a complete family.

Even if she's the reason why Xylia left and hid our son from me, I can't help but to pity her as a single mother of her son. Siguro ay nakikita ko talaga sa kanyang anak niya si Brayden at gaya rin nito ay ayokong lumaki ang batang walang ama. Ayokong lumaki si Brayden ng wala ako sa tabi niya. Sana lang ay kapag nahanap na naming ang ama ng kanyang anak ay hindi nito takbuhan ang responsibilidad na mayroon siya bilang ama.

We had the same goal, and it was to make our family complete.

"We will find him," I assured her.

Deia smiled at me and nodded before turning to look at her son who's leaning on her shoulder while sleeping.

Dylan still had no idea what we were doing right now. It's the best thing to keep it from him first. Ayaw naming umasa nang umasa si Dylan hanggang sa wala pang kasiguraduhan. Baka masaktan lang ang bata kapag hindi naging maganda ang resulta sa paghahanap namin sa kanyang ama.

"Dylan, wake up. Nandito na tayo," marahan na paggising ni Deia sa anak nang makarating na kami sa kompanya ni Tyran Fernandez.

"Hmm..." Umungol lamang si Dylan at mas sumiksik sa kanyang ina. Niyakap pa niya ito ng mahigpit at napabuntong hininga si Deia na tila nahihirapan kung paano gigisingin ang anak.

"Dylan―"

"Wag na, Deia," I stopped her from waking up her son. "Just let me carry him. I think he's very sleepy."

"Uh... Sige," nag-aalangan pa siya sa pagpayag.

Carefully, I carried Dylan in my arms and got outside of the cab. I looked up at the five-story building in front of us. Deia was silently praying while we entered the building.

"Do you have any appointment, Sir?" The employee at the information desk asked me and was slightly surprised by my presence when she looked at me.

"I'm Brendt Stewart of Stewart Highfields," I said and showed her my identification card and even my passport for a valid government ID in case she will question my identity. "I believe that I have set an appointment with your President yesterday. I was emailed by his secretary that I can come over today around eight in the morning."