Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Vacation

"Sir, everything's ready for your trip to Singapore. I already booked you a ticket and hotel with transfers for three days, but I already asked the hotel if you can stay longer just in case and they agreed." My secretary told me. "I'll send you the email of the itinerary."

"Good. Thanks," I simply said.

"You're welcome, Sir. Anything else?" she probed.

"No, that's all. Just make sure that I have no important appointments within the week. Cancel all my meetings," I instructed her.

"Noted, Sir."

I ended the call when I was already satisfied with everything before I glanced at my niece who was still busy playing on her tablet. She started playing when we left their house and up until now, she was still playing.

"Clar, we're already here," I told her. "You already know what to do, right?"

Clar stopped playing on her tablet and looked outside to check if we had really arrived. She suddenly got excited and unbuckled her own seatbelts. She missed her cousin, and I also missed my son.

It's been two days since I last saw him, and I wanted to spend this day with him today before I fly to Singapore.

Xylia and I weren't in good terms that's why I was hesitating to visit my son. She might not allow me to, especially when she's still believing what she chose to believe in. That's not under my control anymore. I didn't want her to take my son away from me which she can easily do.

She went out of my car, already filled with instructions that I told her earlier. I was sure that she can do it. No one can say no to my whiny, but charming niece.

Bigla namang nagvibrate ang phone ko at nakitang nagtext na sa akin si Selena.

From: Selena
I already asked Deia for the details of her accommodation. I'll forward you her message once she answered.

Napangiti naman ako sa mensahe ni Selena. It'll be easier for me to find them if that's the case. I just really hoped that everything will go accordingly to what I have planned.

To: Selena
Thanks! See you and Hermione later!

I looked outside when I sensed something from my peripheral vision and saw my son with Clar, running towards the car. Agad akong lumabas mula sa sasakyan at umikot upang salubungin ang aking anak na patakbong lumalapit sa akin.

Brayden greeted me with a hug, and I chuckled while ruffling his hair.

"Did you miss daddy, Bray?" I asked him an obvious question.

"Yes, daddy!" He nodded and hugged me tighter.

Brayden still wasn't letting go of me, and Clar already went inside of the car's back seat. She knew that I would want Brayden to sit beside me.

"Bray, your towel―"

Nag-angat ako ng tingin kay Xylia na dala-dala ang face towel ni Brayden. Napatigil siya nang makita akong kasama ng anak namin. Agad kong nakita ang takot na dumaan sa kanyang mga mata.

"I'll go inside the car, Bray. Sakay ka na lang kapag tapos na kayong mag-usap ng mommy mo," sabi ko sa aking anak at saka pumasok sa loob ng sasakyan.

Kahit nasa loob ng sasakyan ay nilingon ko pa rin ang aking mag-ina sa labas. Lumapit si Xylia sa aming anak at binigay ang face towel nito saka hinalikan ang kanyang pisngi ng dalawang beses bago nag-angat ng tingin sa sasakyan.

My car's tinted so, I doubted if she could see me inside.

I was already giving her a favor. I know that she didn't want to see me. If she wanted me out then, I'm out. My only concern as of this moment was our son.