Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Spotlight

"Is everything ready?" I asked Nina who was the organizer of the party that I was hosting.

"Yes, Sir," she formally answred with a smile on her face. "All the preparations for tonight are already done. In less than an hour, the guests will now come inside the hall."

"Okay, then..." I calmly said even if I was already very nervous inside.

I took a look at my wrist watch and tried to estimate the time I needed. I still have to fetch Xylia and Brayden at home since they were already waiting for me as I asked them to prepare early.

"Is the band also ready on stage?" I asked her again.

"Yes, they are, Sir. No need to worry," she assured me.

"Let them perform once the guests are already inside the hall for some entertainment," I instructed her. "I'm just going to fetch my son and... wife."

If I planned to make Xylia my wife then, I should already claim it.

"No problem, Sir." She smiled at me. "I'll just double check everything again. I'll be in charge while you're gone."

Nina's a great organizer. Hindi ko na 'yon maipagkakaila. Lahat ng mga bagay, maliit man o malaki ay sinisigurado niyang maayos. Once you gave her instructions, she'll do everything as you wish or even more than what you expected. She's gonna have a bright future ahead of her. She can be a world class organizer.

Muli naman akong nagpaalam sa kanya bago tumulak upang sunduin ang aking mag-ina na paniguradong naghihintay na sa aking pagdating.

While driving on my way, I quickly dialed Xylia's number and placed my phone on a loudspeaker. I smiled when she answered the call after two rings. It felt like she was already waiting for my call to come in on her phone.

"Hello..." marahan ang boses ni Xylia nang sagutin niya ang tawag ko.

"Are you and Brayden ready?" I asked her as I maneuvered the car to a short cut that I just discovered when I was trying to avoid the traffic last time. "I'm driving already. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Uh, yeah..." she answered with slight hesitation. "But, uhm... why do we have such a formal attire? Saan ba tayo pupunta?"

I loved how she sounded curious yet, also excited. But feeling the emotion from her made me feel more nervous. I just hope that everything will go well tonight for the both of us and our little family.

"You'll know later..." I gave her a vague answer to make her more curious about my plans. "Please end the call now. Just wait for me."

"Okay... Drive safely," she bidded and ended the call as I've told her.

I focused driving while I was having drops of cold sweat, feeling the tension that was about to come. Everything that was gonna happen tonight was full of uncertainties. But there's only one thing that I was sure of and that was to proclaim how much I love her and our son.

"Brayden, baka pagpawisan ka. Stop moving too much." Dinig ko kaagad ang paninita ni Xylia sa aming anak nang makapasok ako sa kanilang bahay.

"I'm so bored po..." he lightly whined. "I want to meet daddy na po."

Hearing my son wanted to meet me, I smiled like an idiot before I decided to show myself to them who were already patiently waiting at the living room. Xylia's looking so elegant while sitting on the couch, wearing the red dress I gave her. On the other hand, Brayden looked a year older than his current age because of how his hair was styled and also because of how he flaunted his red longsleeves with his sleeves folded 'til his elbow and white fitted pants.