Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Contract

Seeing her face as soon as I wake up in the morning would be such a blissful view, if I didn't let my fear crept into my system so bad. Natakot ako. Natakot ako sa isang bagay at hindi ko man lang sinubukan. Hinayaan kong kainin ako ng takot. Pero hindi lang naman para sa sarili ko ang takot na 'yon, kundi para na rin sa kaniya.

Mas maganda na ang saktan ko siya habang simula at mababaw palang, kung totoo man ang nararamdaman niya para sa'kin, kaysa ang saktan siya sa huli kung kailang malalim na 'to.

My feelings for her is very uncertain. Walang kasiguraduhan. I'm afraid that I've mistaken my feelings as something else. And even her own feelings. She was just playing. It all started with a deal. She entered my life because of a stupid game that I let myself be involved without knowing the consequences that I might suffer along the way.

I'm scared that it might just be lust, especially when I gave into temptation last night. O baka masiyado akong naghahanap ng kasiyahan kaya ko lamang siya napansin. I took advantage of her weakness, and I'm a jerk for doing that.

Kung sakali mang susubok ako ulit, ay hihintayin ko munang matapos ang limampung araw na kailangang lumipas magmula noong nagsimula ang kanilang laro. Doon ko lamang masisigurado ang kaniyang nararamdaman para sa'kin at pati na rin ang aking nararamdaman para sa kaniya.

If ever she pushes me away when that time comes for hurting her, I will chase her down and let her fall for me. It will not be just because of a deal anymore. It is going to be real.

My phone suddenly rang and it drifted me away from all of my thoughts. Napahinga na lamang ako ng malalim nang makitang si Tiffany ang tumatawag. She texted me yesterday that she came to my condo unit. Hindi naman ako madalas naroroon dahil may bahay ako ngunit doon ko dinala si Xylia kahapon.

Hanggang mawala ang tawag ay hindi ko ito nasagot sa pag-iisip ng dapat kong gawin o sabihin sa kaniya. She is Xylia's step sister. Iyan na lamang ang pumasok sa isipan ko. I should, at least, be nice to her.

And because I wasn't able to answer her call, she sent me a text message that I immediately read.

From: Tiffany
Can we go out for a lunch today? I just really want to talk to you.

Napahilamos na lamang ako sa aking mukha bago nagtipa ng aking mensahe para sa kaniya.

To: Tiffany
Sure. Should I pick you up?

Agad naman siyang nakapagbalik ng mensahe sa'kin at ganoon din naman ako.

From: Tiffany
No need to pick me up. I'm at the restaurant where we ate lunch before with Dad.

To: Tiffany
I'm on my way.

I removed my suit and folded the sleeves of my inner white shirt. I got my key fob, phone and wallet before I left the office to eat lunch with Tiffany.

As soon as I got in the restaurant, I saw Tiffany on the same table. She was just sitting there with her phone on her hands.

"Tiffany," I called her attention.

I was already standing in front of her, but she didn't notice my arrival. I can sense that her mind's somewhere else where only she can come in.