Chapter 28

Chapter 28
Suite

The cold night breeze in Singapore greeted me as soon as I went out of the airport. I can see a lot of tall skycrappers that lighted up the whole city. I arrived here at night instead in the afternoon because of a delayed flight.

I was welcomed by the representative of the hotel for my transfer. Bukas ko na pupuntahan si Deia sa kanilang tinutuluyan na hotel at magpapahinga muna ako ngayong gabi. I just hoped that they will be there in their suite once I arrived. I wanted to go home to my son and... well, his mother right away. Gusto ko nang matapos at maging maayos ang lahat.

"Daddy!" My son enthusiastically greeted me when I answered his video call.

He was already wearing his pajamas and sitting on his bed.

I told him to call me once he saw me online, and he really did not forget about it.

"Hey, son!" I smiled at him before focusing the camera on my face. "Miss me already?"

He nodded and pursed his lips. "I want to play with you, daddy. I miss you already..."

From his enthusiastic tone when he greeted me earlier, his tone right now was completely the opposite as it became very melancholic.

Doing video call with my son made me feel like we were really far from each other and it was making me miss him so much. I don't think that I can last long just doing video calls with him.  Hindi ko kayang malayo sa akin ang anak ko kaya kung kailangan kong gawin ang lahat para manatili siya ay gagawin ko.

"Don't worry. I'll be home soon. I promise you that," I promised him.

The corner of his lips rose to give me a smile. "Well, daddy, I'll be waiting for you and my toys!"

"Hmm... Let me think..." Ngumisi ako at ngumuso siya.

"Please, daddy..." he whined and his lips protruded more.

Ngumiti naman ako. "Of course, I'll buy you a lot of toys," sabi ko naman sa kanya. "Pati sina Clar at Hermione ay bibilhan ko rin. Kapag umuwi ako, ikaw ang gusto kong magbigay kay Hermione ng pasalubong ko, ah?"

"Daddy..." Sumimangot siya sa akin at natawa ako dahil sa kanyang reaksyon.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked innocently, but I can't stop myself from smiling.

"Stop it, dad," he stated.

I laughed even more because he sounded older than me when he told me to stop.

"Dad―"

"Brayden..."

My son cut his stare from his tablet and looked at his mother who probably checked on him inside his room. I wanted to talk to him more, but I guessed his mom will ask him to sleep already.

"You have to sleep already. We have things to do tomorrow and we need to be early, okay, baby?" malambing na sabi ni Xylia sa aming anak.

"Okay po, mommy," magalang na sagot ni Brayden.

"Okay... Good night, my baby boy."

Bigla ko namang nakita si Xylia sa camera nang lumapit siya sa aming anak upang halikan ito sa noo at saka ngumiti. Hindi ko rin mapigilan ang mapangiti habang pinapanood ang aking mag-ina. How I wished that I was with them at this moment.

"Goodnight rin po, mommy." Brayden smiled at his mom.

"Okay. Sleep na..." sabi ni Xylia at saka lumayo sa aming anak.

After a few seconds, the lights switched off, and I heard a faint sound of a closing door. Hirap na tuloy akong makita si Brayden dahil patay na ang ilaw sa kanyang kwarto.