Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Vocabulary

"Sige, pare," ani Tomo. "Salamat sa time at sinamahan mo ko sa pagpili," pagpapasalamat nito. "Sana magustuhan 'to ng girlfriend ko." dagdag pa nito at inangat ang paper bag kung saan nakalagay ang binili namin kanina.

He doesn't know what to give his girlfriend that's he asked foy my opinion, and I helped him picked what to buy.

"Sure. No problem," I smiled at him.

My eyes drifted to the car that was parked beside his car. My smile faded as I found that car very familiar.

Hindi ko na napansin ang pag-alis ni Tomo dahil nanatili lamang ang aking tingin at atensyon sa sasakyan. I wasn't contented with just looking at it from a quite distance. Lumapit pa ako lalo upang masuri ng mabuti ang pamilyar na sasakyan.

I suddenly felt goosey with a mixture of excitement of the thought that she already might be home after fucking four years of longing and waiting.

Could it be really hers? Damn... I know I shouldn't assume, but I am assuming.

Napailing naman ako at bahagyang lumayo sa kaniyang sasakyan. I want to make sure if she's really back. I want to confirm my thoughts.

Dali-dali akong sumakay sa aking sasakyan at pinaharurot ito paalis upang tumungo sa kanilang kompanya. I need to talk to Tiffany. Paniguradong alam niya 'to!

"Is Tiffany inside?" I asked her secretary as soon as I arrived on the front door of her office.

"Ah, eh, opo," nag-aalangang sagot nito sa'kin. "But she's in a meeting with her wedding coordinator—Sir Brendt!"

Hindi na ako napigilan ng kaniyang sekretarya at agad kong binuksan ang pintuan ng opisina upang makapasok sa loob.

I found her talking to a girl na mukhang medyo mas bata pa sa amin. She must be her wedding coordinator. May ipinapakita ito kay Tiffany mula sa kaniyang iPad.

"Tiffany," I called her attention and she immediately rolled her eyes when she turned to look at me.

"Now what, Brendt?" inis na tanong niya sa'kin. "Can't you see that I'm busy?"

"Is Xylia already back in the Philippines?" I straightforwardly asked her. "Nakabalik na ba siya?"

"Kung 'yan lang ang itatanong mo, you're just wasting my time to answer your question, Brendt," walang ganang sabi niya at saka muli akong tinalikuran upang harapin ang kaniyang wedding coordinator.

I bit my lower lip, trying to surpress my raging anger. She has always been like this ever since I'm asking her questions about Xylia. She's always vague with her answers and she also likes to push me away. Lagi siyang nakakahanap ng paraan para hindi ko makuha ang sagot na kailangan ko. Alam na alam niya kung paano magpalusot.

For four years, I've been a damn good boy. Instead of leaving in order to move on, I stayed knowing that she'd be back no matter what. I stayed where she left me.

But I didn't just wait and do nothing. I invested at their company, trying to make Tiffany spill some beans, but it was like she was well trained. I haven't got any information from her for four years. That didn't stop me, though. I still tried to find her and I did. I know she is in New York. At hanggang doon lang ang nalaman ko. I don't want to dig any further for her father already threatened me. Okay na sa akin ang malaman kong nasa mabuting lagay siya.

"Tiffany told me that you kept on bugging her to ask about Xylia," Mr. Saavedra told me.

He called me for lunch, and I thought he would help me out, but it's actually the opposite. He wanted me out of Xylia's life even more.