Surprise!

She shook slightly from nervousness. Looking down she made sure her dress was smooth and in suitable condition before following her staff. 

As a musician, Y/N was invited to all these events, but it was the award ceremonies that she hated the most. The fancy over the top dresses she was made to wear, being in a room full of people, half of which you want to punch and, worst of all in her mind, the photography.

And that's what she was having to do now. Walk out, onto the carpet, and stand in front of the white screen with some company's logo on it. In the beginning, when it was her and her boyfriend Alex, the photography/interview part of it used to be a riot. 

They would mess around, pose in ridiculous ways and answer the questions with the worst of answers. But as they got older, they were supposed to get more mature. Questions had to be answered properly and you had to smile and wave, and then move along. 

She really missed Alex. He'd been on tour for a few months now  and she really missed just being able to hug him and having his body next to hers at night.

She sighed as she stepped out, and her manager gave her a sympathetic look. Instantly, her face morphed into a smile, and she posed in all these ways for the photographers.

Then the questions came:

"How is you relationship with Alex Turner?" 

"When's the next album going to be released?"

"Who are you wearing today?"

They all made her slightly nauseas as she answered with "Good...I don't know yet...uh..ask my manager?" 

There were more bright lights and then suddenly there was a gasp and the attention was off her and she was relieved. She was about to meet her manager at the other side when he pointed to something behind her.

She turned around and there was Alex, dressed up all fancy in a suit with his arms open wide while the rest of The Monkeys answered questions.

She didn't hesitate to run to him, in heels or not. She felt tears come to her eyes as he hugged her back tightly.

"You were gone for so long. You charming bastard.." She mumbled into his suit.

He just laughed and kissed her gently, "Surprise." He said against her lips.

And suddenly they were no longer alone. The cameras were all over them. But as Alex wrapped an arm around her waist and whispered "I Love you" into her ear, she found herself smiling.

A real, proper smile.