Musically Talented (prt 2)

The boys sat their, the mouths agape. After about three minutes of silence, Y/N pushed her hair back and smiled, "So...what did you think?"

Alex managed to gather himself, "That was...uh...shockingly brilliant." He clasped his hands together as Nick turned to him with a shit-eating grin.

"So...Y/N, will you work with us?" Alex asked, standing up and straightening his shirt.

"Happily." 

****

Weeks were spent in the studio, figuring out guitar riffs and chords, and what words fitted with what, and how to put in the backing vocals and so on. By the end of it all, Y/N had formed a strong relationship with Nick's friend, in particular, Alex. They had started going out for coffee and Dinner after recording sessions, and it was on one of these escapades that it all started.

"Y'know I always looked up to your music." Y/N said, wrapping her scarf around her neck and sipping her coffee as they walked through the park.

Alex was somewhat shocked by this, "You...looked up to us?" He asked, wide eyed, "You, a brilliant musician...like our music?" 

"Yeah, of course!" She answered, "I always liked it. I would hear you guys practicing and think to myself, 'I wanna do that someday.'" 

Alex looked down at her, leaving the conversation hanging in the air. Suddenly he stopped walking, and grabbed her hand, "Y/N I gotta come clean..." 

She tilted her head at him, a curious smile on her face, "Come clean about what?" 

"Over the past few weeks.." He inhaled, pulling out a cigarette and quickly lighting it, and taking a drag, "During our coffee meet ups and such we...I, kinda..." he closed his eyes, squeezing them tightly, "I've fallen in love with you."

Alex just stood there, eyes shut, waiting for some sort of reaction. But because he had squeezed his eyes shut, he couldn't see Y/N's biggest smile on her face. Or her creeping up to him, leaning up on her toes and kissing him. His eyes shot open, and he was slightly taken aback, before he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

Y/N's hands went to Alex's waist, gently pulling him into her. When the kiss finished, the two of them were grinning.

"I'm so happy we forced Nick to call you."