Only Ones Who Know

Only ones who know references but also a bit of Mardy Bum.

She was waiting eagerly. It was fifteen minutes too new years, and there was no sign of Alex. She sighed. She was surrounded by friends and family and the only person she was really counting, hoping and praying on to be there, wasn't.

Y/N knew he wouldn't leave her hanging. Not on New Years. Yes, her boyfriend had a tendency to be late, but he just couldn't, not today.

She poured herself another drink and let the nerves settle. It was then that she heard it, that familiar accent, "Have you seen Y/N?" He asked someone.

"Calm down, Romeo." The person jeered, "Your Juilet's over there."

"Thanks." He said, but it was unlikely the person even heard it, because he was by Y/N's side in a flash.

"I'm sorry I was late. I missed the train and then-" He went to finish his sentence but she did it for him.

"And then the traffic was a state~" she sang one of his own songs, a loved up smile on her face. He laughed at her, placing a hand on her cheek, "It's alright Al, you're here now."

He smiled, and leant down to kiss her, taking her hand and holding it, just a couple of minutes from the new year.

I think this just made me realise how much I look forward to new years eve much more than I look forward to Christmas or something like that idk why just new years eve innit