Get On Your Dancing Shoes!

Y/N was in a low mood. Her husband, Alex, was on tour with his band Arctic Monkeys and their most recent album, Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino. She understood that it was part of his job, but she missed him so much.

She woke up, made herself some breakfast and got in the shower. She didn't bother putting on any proper clothes and just settled for a vest, a pair of knickers and a cardigan. 

She spent the day just tidying up the house, and by the end of it she was shattered.                             However, she missed Alex's voice more than anything and couldn't help but be drawn towards the record player in the front room. They had a box of records but she knew which one she was looking for, the white squiggle too familiar. 

She took the AM record out of its sleeve and gently placed it on the player, lowering the needle to start the beginning of Do I Wanna Know?

She sang along to every word, throwing herself over the sofas and throwing her cardigan down to the crooks of her arms. She was having so much fun during R U Mine? that she didn't notice the door creak open and Alex hang up his long coat, leave his suitcases at the door and smile at the vision of his wife having a good time on her own. 

At the moment she was walking along the arms and the back of the sofa, balancing on it like it was a tightrope before flinging herself backwards as the song came to an end, her legs dangling over the back of the sofa.

She didn't see Alex creep over until Y/N felt his hands in the crook of her leg and his lips slowly trailing delicate kisses upwards. His beard made the kisses tickle and his hair which hung over his face lightly touched her skin.

She didn't panic, but simply relished in the feeling, "You're home early.." She said quietly.

He stopped at her knee, as she sat up to look at him, "Quite the show you put on there." He countered.

She slyly smiled, "It can continue if you'd like, Mister Turner?"

"Go on then Misses Turner.." the corners of his mouth twitched upwards, "Surprise me."