Babysitting

FWN era Alex.

"Alex. Alex!" She was trying to get her husband's attention, as he tidied up the kitchen singing along to whatever song was on the radio.

He finally noticed her, lowering the music and putting down everything for her, "What's up darling?" 

"My sister has called me in last minute to babysit my nephews. The babysitter cancelled, and I owe her. Do you want to come?" she asked, taking a tea towel and beginning to dry the things he had washed up.

"Sure." He nodded and resumed the washing up. They finished the cleaning and put on their shoes, got their coats and bags and left the house.

It was a short drive to her sister's house and mostly the car was full of laughing and small kisses.

When they got out, they were greeted by Y/N's sister and her wife. They handed her the keys, fifty pounds and told them where everything was. Then, after kissing there children on the cheeks and telling them to be good, they shortly left.

"Uncle Alex!!" Was heard from inside the house, before a 7 year old came barrelling towards Alex from the door.

"Hiya!" Alex picked up her nephew and spun him around before placing him back down, "How have you been?" He asked him.

"Good! Mama said that you guys were taking care of us today!" He cheered and quickly ran back inside the house.

Y/N was too caught up with watching Alex before she remembered that her other nephew, not even a year old was inside the house. She quickly rushed in, not even stopping to check if Alex was following her and made her way to the front room where the child was gurgling happily on his back.

With a thankful sigh she picked him up and began to bounce him around while Alex told her other nephew that they could play Lego. In the end, they spent an hour and a half upstairs, and it ended in Alex tucking him in. 

Meanwhile, Y/N was doing laps around the kitchen, trying to get the baby to sleep, but to no avail. He was still giggling happily in her arms, big eyes and rosy chubby cheeks.

She didn't notice Alex come and stand in the doorway as she was too busy singing one of The Monkey's songs to get the child to sleep. 505, one of her favourites. And as Alex watched Y/N rock the baby, he felt a warm feeling in his chest, mixed with a bit of excitement, he wondered if she ever wanted children. It hadn't been something they'd discussed, but he thought she would make a brilliant mother.

*******

"Thank you for taking care of them." Y/N smiled and shook her sisters hand, as Alex kissed the top of her head.

"It's no problem, they were angels." She smiled, nodding at her and her wife.

"Have you too ever wanted children?" S/N's wife leaned forward a little bit.

Y/N and Alex were suddenly flustered, and Alex cleared his throat, "It's uh- It's not something we-we've discussed." 

S/N and her wife laughed and then they let the couple leave.

Sitting in the car was oddly awkward, and as Alex started it up, he turned to Y/N suddenly, "Do you want children?"

She was flustered, "Y-Yes, but when the time comes.." 

"I want them too." He smiled, and the drive started.

This was kind of shitty.