Crying Lightning (2)

"Y'know you have tear streaks down your face, and they look a lot like lightning. One could say, you've been Crying Lightning." Alex said smugly.

Y/N sat there. Shocked. She had just confessed her love for this man and he hits her with a reference to one of his own songs, "Look, If you don't feel the same, It's fine." 

"That song was about you." He revealed, "In other words, I feel the same." His smugness was gone and was now replaced with the calmness only Alex could possess in a situation like this, "I would say it was just a crush but it's gone on for years. It's a bit more than catching feelings." 

"How long?" She gently wiped her face, standing up and slowly walking over to where he sat, still on the toilet lid. When he was sat down, she towered over him but she knew the moment he stood up she would be shorter than him. 

"Three years. I dated so many girls in that time, pretending they were all you." His words made goosebumps appear on Y/N's skin. She always got along with the boy's girlfriends, and the fact that Alex had been imagining all those girls as her made her feel special. Special, but guilty. 

"I love you." She whispered. She said it. In the bathroom at some party where the music was too loud, all their friends were drunk downstairs and people were yelling on the other side of the door. Yet, he could hear her perfectly.

"I love you too." 

1. Sorry for being inactive 

2. Sorry for it being short