Part 20: Road Trip

Serenity's pov

I got dressed and made my way to the kitchen to have a mixed berry blood smoothie. The kitchen was quiet and relaxing as I sat there listening to music and sketching images of dad from my head. That is until Ric, Josie and Lizzie rushes in and my twins looked pissed.

Ric:"Me, you, the twins, MG, Kaleb and Hope are going on a road trip. We heard there's a mummy and it's looking for a urn."

Ren:"I wanted one bloody peaceful morning! Is it to much to ask for, Eirene. No wonder the twins look pissed but at least there is no blazing chicken."

Lizzie:"I would actually die with that bird boy"

We walked towards my car but Alaric wanted to go undetected so we took his Suv instead of one of my cars. Apparently celebrity's with sportscars attracts to much attention. I'm not bloody stupid. I sat on the left with Josie on the right and Hope in the middle. MG sat in the back part alone with Kaleb in the passenger seat and Lizzie on my lap. Dorian and Emma drove on their own.

Josie listened to music knowing she gets car sick, MG is playing games on his phone, Kaleb is staring out the window, I'm sketching Lizzie with my pad on her lap and Hope is just sitting there. I hate being around her but I know Ric relies on me so I listen to him.

In between Lizzie would talk to me asking questions and making names for everyone we don't really like at school. We talked until I started thinking about Josie and my liking to her.

Ren:"Lizzie, do you think someone would like someone like me?"

Lizzie:"What do mean?"

Ren:"Would anyone like a damaged, tribrid supermodel who is practically a cannibal?"

Lizzie:"Anyone should be lucky to have you and you're not damaged. Just a little hurt but that makes you stronger"

I nodded and she pecked my lips softly, and played with my hair as I continued to sketch. Everyone was looking at us weird even Ric through the mirror.

Ren:"Why are looking at us?"

Ric:"Are you dating my daughter!?"

Lizzie:"I don't think we are, are we?"

Ren:"Maybe. I mean, we've done worse than kissing. Might as well date"

How I love mine and Lizzie's sarcasm. A natural quality that we have and it brings us close. We burst out laughing at the faces we got and Josie was listening to the music not hearing our conversation.

Lizzie:"Dad, relax. You should be happy if I dated Ren, I mean she's perfect"

Ren:"Yeah and so is Lizzie. Every blonde needs a brunette."

Lizzie:"What ever happened to 'I ain't never seen 2 pretty best friends'?"

Ren:"I have no bloody idea. But have people seen me, you and Josie. We're practically perfect and I'm a model"

Lizzie:"Exactly. Tik tok..."

Ren and Lizzie:"... Could never"